Ford 1910 Tractor

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by BJE80, Jan 28, 2015.

1. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Any have any experience with the Ford 1910 Tractor? Looks like I can get my hands on one very reasonably from someone I know and trust. It seems to be perfect for me being ~30H.P. and 4WD. Comes with a brush hog and post hole digger. I would need to get tiller and maybe a 3 point snow blower. Has a loader as well. Sounds like everything works great except some hydraulic hoses are starting to get rotted out. I know those hoses are never cheap.

I am not a mechanic so I want something easy to work on and historically reliable.

2. LittleJohn

LittleJohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a Ford 1710 (27 hp, I think) w/ 4WD about 8 years and it's been a great tractor. It has handled everything I've asked of it. I prefer the tractors that are a little older and the guts of it are more accessible for servicing. It would be helpful if, too, you have a New Holland dealer nearby which handles the old Ford parts.

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Every tractor ever made has some places that are hard to work on and some things that should have been designed better. I have a 4610 Ford and it's been a great tractor. Just check and make sure you have parts availability, that's a key component in any equipment purchase.

4. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My 4610 is my favorite tractor. Just finished replacing the PTO shaft, which was a bear. But still, love it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  5. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm glad it sounds like these are solid little tractors.