Vampires, Ghosts, and Werewolves - some questions.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by sachiko, Jan 27, 2015.

1. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We aren't into zombies at all, but we sort of enjoy movies featuring werewolves and vampires.

But we've noticed some curious things. For example, when you stake an American vampire, they, turn to dust completely, clothing earrings and all. But if you stake a British vampire, they turn to dust, but leave their clothes behind. Why the difference I wonder?

We just watched three seasons of series about a family of werewolves. These were very nice people who didn't go around terrorizing people at all. It was completely family oriented so they didn't deal with the question of what werewolves do with their clothes when they transform. In other movies about werewolves, they have to take off their clothes beforehand, behind a bush or so, of course. But we have been wondering if they remember where to return to their clothes as wolves or if they just go back to being human somewhere and have to make it back to where they left their clothes.

In another series, a ghost was involved. And this ghost, a female, would complain about the fact that she couldn't change clothes but had to remain in the clothes she was wearing when she died. This didn't make sense because the clothes you're wearing are not part of your body. She would pass through things fully clothed even though we all know that clothes are just a material thing. It didn't make sense. I realize they can't have this ghost running around naked during the series, but I thought they could have come up with some sort of way of dealing with this that would make sense.

I think these are some questions that people who write about these things need to resolve.

:sheep:
    May The Sheep Be With You

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :lol:
    How dare you apply common sense to movies. Go watch the transformers movies, maybe the mass stupidity will shock your system into suspending your disbelief for those more minor plot holes. :lol:

I have seen some werewolf shows where the werewolves just lost their clothing and had to find new cloths upon returning to human form. Seems the more logical and realistic approach to me...

The incredible Hulk always has his purple pants too even after growing from a puny human to a 2500 pound green raging beast, :lol:

Vampires and ghosts, I'd think vampires would just finally stop moving (since they are already dead). Ghosts are trapped within a representation of whatever clothing they were buried or died in. (I can resolve that one :lol:)

3. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is crazy talk! Everybody knows that you have to cut off a vampires head and burn the body in order to kill it. You need to watch the Twilight series to get the real story on vampires and warewolves. :lol:

4. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Actually... The Hulk stands at 7 feet tall and weighs 1,040 pounds, while Bruce Banner was said to be 5-foot-9 and weighs 129 pounds.

:lol: - Sachiko, I think you're thinking too much into the whole thing ;)

5. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    rrreeeeaaaallllllyyyyyyyyyyy??????????????

6. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's easy... It's a kids movie.... if his pants didn't stretch, when he got angry we'd be exposed to a 3 ft, 25 lb hulking... well, you get the picture.

7. sachiko

Dislikes Received:
    Some people might not think this is important, but I think there are some issues here that need to be addressed.

If you stake a rich vampire who, say, is wearing a Rolex, it doesn't make sense that the Rolex turns to dust along with the vampire. And I think it should be established that the person who stakes the vampire, unless he's another vampire, should get to keep the Rolex.

And I think the idea that a ghost has to keep wearing the same clothes she was wearing when she died is absurd. Very poor and lazy thinking on the part of the writers. I can see that the ghost because of censorship issue would have to be covered up in some way. And maybe the ghost is also a bit modest. But you could have the ghost wrap herself in a sheet or a robe or something. And if necessary to pass through a wall or such, could dissipate into a sort of mist. Upon returning, she could kind of rewrap while still a mist before assuming a visible form.

In the last werewolf series we watched, the people turned into real wolves rather than those ugly beasts that they sometimes portray. I thought that was a lot cooler. But they left the clothing issue unresolved. Obviously, you won't see wolves wearing jeans and a hoody. But the question bothers me a lot. Do the wolves remember to go back to where they left their clothes before they change back? Or do they just change back and have to cope with the risk of being busted for indecent exposure while they get back to their clothes. Occasionally you read in the news about someone being arrested for being out nude in public. Could this be a werewolf caught out in a bad place. Maybe they should check if there was a full moon the night before.

Anyway, I just think that movies or TV series about vampires, werewolves, and ghosts should be more realistic.

8. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. sachiko

Dislikes Received:
    I am always serious!

I am interested in how others might think these problems could be resolved.

10. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Remind me so I don't have to go look.

How did you answer the pot question?

These thoughts rival some Ive had after smoking WAY too much.

11. sachiko

Dislikes Received:
    I don't smoke anything.

I will drink a little sake on occasion or share a little of my husband's beer.

12. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL. And here I thought I pondered stupid issues too deeply at times.

Like how does a vampire impregnate a woman? No heartbeat, no breath.... but functioning gonads?? Huh.

How come the zombies in the walking dead haven't all decomposed or starved by now? How did that one zombie swallow a whole woodchuck head? Why are their skulls getting so soft? I see the people in that show punching holes in zombie heads with minimal effort. (I only watched two season so maybe there were answers later on)

Does Bruce Banner study the Hulk's apparent violation of the Laws of Thermodynamics?

I think Super Heroes should try to land on lawns and grassy areas rather than constantly smashing in areas in the concrete and asphalt. It's a lot easier to fix a lawn than a large pothole in the middle of the road.

Those eagles that rescue the hobbits at the end of Lord of the Rings... how come they didn't just hire those eagles to take them to Mordor in the first place? That sure would have saved a lot of trouble. And those movies are racist. The darker the skin the more evil the being. The good guys are really, really pale. (heh.. ;) )

Ever notice how the token Asian woman in movies is always a bad azz and usually bad?

Werewolf transformations make no sense to me. Especially when they turn into something twice as large as they were as a human. Vampires are stupid. Unless it's Spike the vampire from the Buffy series. I liked Spike.

If I had to make some guess on ghost's clothing (I'm laughing here), it would be that they are apparitions.. images.. The ghost might be able to move around and goof off but can no more change it's clothes (or image) than it could turn into a cow or shoe. That's based on deeply sound scientific principles. (snicker..)

13. sachiko

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think vampires can impregnate anyone. I believe Angel explained that to Buffy in one scene.

I agree about Spike. I thought he was really cool. I'm not sure how, without a circulatory system, he could get drunk though. Same with smoking. How do you get the nicotine into your system.

I also object to these movies/series that allow vampires to walk around in sunlight. Vampires can't do that. Get real.

Asian women are just naturally bad, in a good way of course.

I still think the question of ghosts wearing clothes needs some work. I think though, that people who claim to have seen ghosts haven't mentioned them being naked. So the ghosts seem to have worked it out somehow. I can't buy the idea that you are stuck with the clothes you were wearing when you die though.

And I think it makes more sense that werewolves would just turn into ordinary wolves. They could fit right into our neighborhood. Hang out with the coyotes every full moon.

14. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    I think the vampire in Twilight gets his girl pregnant. And the werewolf guy is a pedophile.

15. sachiko

Dislikes Received:
    We haven't watched "Twilight."

Sounds very unrealistic.

16. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I am just gonna leave this one out there.....:evilgrin:

17. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't seen the Twilight movies or read the books but I did read the Sparknotes notes/review/synopsis of the series. It's funny. You'll never want to read the books after reading the Sparknotes.

Oh, yeah... the Twilight vampires sparkle in the sunlight. Yes, sparkle. Like unicorn turds.

18. sachiko

Dislikes Received:
    You could ask my husband. :evilgrin:

19. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    Or mine.
    :ninja:

20. sachiko

Dislikes Received:
    I have no interest in vampires who sparkle in the sunlight. I think that's kind of :dan: