WWW.TheHunter.COM

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NateJR_PABOWHUNTING, Jan 9, 2015.

1. NateJR_PABOWHUNTING

NateJR_PABOWHUNTING Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if there are any gamers here, but was wondering if anyone played TheHunter game on PC. I wouldn't consider myself a gamer, but this is one game I like to play during the off season to help with my craving of not being out in the woods. It's a free to play game where if you're a free member you can hunt a entire reserve for Mule Deer only "Loggers Point". If you're a full member (which cost about $50 a year) you can hunt on 8 different reserves for 20 different species of animals. North American animals are Whitetail, Muledeer, Blacktail deer, Roosevelt Elk, Moose, Black Bear, Coyote, Turkey, Mallard Duck, Feral Hog, Cottontail Rabbit, Red Fox, Ring Neck Pheasant, Brown Bear, Canadian Goose and European animals such as Red Deer, Roe Deer, Reign Deer, Alpine Ibex and Wild Boar.

Here's the 2014 trailer to give you a idea of how great this game is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1unm0BuUAgQ

My name on TheHunter is NateJR

2. NateJR_PABOWHUNTING

Dislikes Received:
    Well that's kind of a bummer, was looking forward to going on some virtual hunts with people haha.

3. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    haha I tried to sign up but said already had my email. So had them send me a reset and still would not work with the new password, so I gave up lol. By the way I live probably 15 minutes down 414 from you. In Franklindale.

4. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I signed up to it, looks pretty neat. I'll mess around with it a bit, don't know that I'll ever pay $50 for a year though. Same name as here.

5. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I play that game every once in a while. I have to renew my membership sometime.

6. TEN RING

TEN RING Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    no gamer here them games drive me nuts must be to old

7. NateJR_PABOWHUNTING

Dislikes Received:
    Cool guys, I'll add you. If you have any questions about getting yourself set up, let me know I could probably help.

Yep, I'm very familiar with where Franklindale is at, I actually play in a softball league in Monroeton over the summer. Have a bunch of family land just outside of Pisgah park and a bunch of family in Granville Summit and East Smithfield.

8. NateJR_PABOWHUNTING

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, it's worth trying out the free version first any how. Make sure it runs good on your computer and to find out if you even like the game. You also don't have to pay for a full year, they have 3 and 6 month memberships as well. The best deal is to actually buy the "trail runner" membership or to go to Walmart and buy the game, that way you get camo, more weapons and other goodies. I actually miss spoke though it's $35 for a year membership, $50 for the "trail runner" membership.

9. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: It's still downloading the full installation...

10. NateJR_PABOWHUNTING

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that game takes awhile to download, when I started downloading it and realized how long it was going to take I waited until I went to bed and let it download over night when I was sleeping lol.

11. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Well it's at 62% now so I'll be playing it by about...this time next week. :lol:

12. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Finally figured out how to make it work and Im at 20%...in 2 hours haha. This is nuts, better not crash my computer I use it for work!

13. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    The last time I downloaded a game online I decided I hated it and it was rigged so I couldn't remove the program...had to have a tech guy uninstall it.
    I was just looking at a Jurassic Park game where you can build a theme park. I was going to download it for free but my antivirus stopped it. Going to buy it through Amazon until I found it was priced at like $300. O.o

14. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    My Kaspersky software stopped my download due to a trojan and the download was trying to install a bunch of junk...some of it got through and I had to remove it manually. Sorry, just thought you should know. If the software is available through direct purchase, I'd go that route.

15. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to try going through Steam for this game. I'll update on progress as I go along.

16. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You'll love the game covey! Its one of the best hunting games out there. Ill probably renew tomorrow or monday so let me know when you want to get a hunt together Nate.

17. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got it loaded last night and wondered around for probably 20 minutes on it. Didn't see a single animal. Other then some birds. If its like real hunting and I have to sit in a tree for hours, Im not going to like it haha. That's only worth it if I get meat in the freezer lol

18. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I set steam to download it last night. I checked it this morning and it had finished and looked okay except the shortcut installed looked wonky. When I opened it, worked okay to the home screen but when I tried to start a game I got an error code that in turn told me to reload it. I could never get it to work so I'm trying an uninstall-re-install and changed a couple settings on my system.

I don't think it's worth the trouble, lol.

19. NateJR_PABOWHUNTING

Dislikes Received:
    Lol go on a hunt with me. It's not a arcade game where animals run in front of you and you blast away lol, but there are a lot of animals on the reserve, so don't give up yet (sometimes you do have to do a little searching, but I normally find animals within the first 5-10 minutes of playing) :). I'll start up a multiplayer hunt on "Logger point" for you guys to join. To find my game go to the "Hunt Now" tab on your launcher, search my name NateJR and join. I will have the password set as 77.

20. NateJR_PABOWHUNTING

Dislikes Received:
    Some people have better luck getting it through steam or buying it from Walmart. It is a great game and a lot of fun, especially when you get a group of players on there. It took me awhile to get it up and going as well, I had a lot of the same problems as you did when I first tried. Can't remember what I did to finally get it to work for me, but it was mainly persistence lol. They have a pretty good tech team for the game and they normally get back to you pretty quick if you contact them with problems. Just look on TheHunter forum contact tech and let them know what error code you're getting and they will probably have the solution for you within a hour. Hope you get it up and going.