Michigan and Gary

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by michaelp, Dec 29, 2014.

1. michaelp

michaelp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    To my good buddy Gary....I have taken abuse for years for the evil empire I support. I love the fact you hired coach Nuss and now you're paying your coach more than anyone. I guess the boosters are tired of losing and figure why not be like Saint Nick and the good guys from Tuscaloosa, Alabama!!!

I'm so happy.

All BS aside, thoughts on the hire???

2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I believe he is performing Fellatio on Harbaugh at the 50 yard line on the Block M as I type this.

3. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great hire... Great coach. Won't equal instant success but if he can put out a few of the dumpster fires up there and begin bringing in the talent his name coupled with Michigan's program is capable of... He can have them competing with Ohio State in short order.

I like College Football more than the NFL, so I love seeing his name back in the ranks.

Also thought it was big that Kiffin said he is 100% back next year. While I think we can most agree no big program would be calling him this early anyway, I was surprised he would close doors this early in the process (the first day he was allowed to speak to media since pre season per Saban's dictatorship like rules lol). If they can keep him another 3-4 years it would be a great get. I know most hate him, but he would still be rolling out at USC if it wasn't for the huge amount of scholarships lost in his second year.

4. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He gone soon as the league calls again. UM is setting themselves up for more failure when he bolts.

I couldn't care less. UM is a huge ****storm and it will take more than Jim to get it on track within 3 to 4 years. They don't even have a quarterback.

5. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    More failure than what? They are a historically great program at the bottom of an average conference. No where to go but up. I do agree if a good team calls he will listen to the NFL, but he won't leave Michigan for just any job. And it could be a Saban type move where he decides to stay long term in College instead of try his hand in the league again as many thought Saban's ego would lead him to do.

I think it's a win win hire. He can do nothing but help from where they are currently, and there is an off chance he actually sticks around for awhile.

6. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    More failure than what? How about missing 3 bowls and 3 losing seasons in the few years? Saban sucked in the NFL Mr. Jim was a success. I doubt any NFL teams wanted Saban after Miami.

Jim will leave UM at the alter in a second for a good NFL job. He isn't a college coach. He has even stated he does not like recruiting.

If he stays it could be a great hire... I just don't think it sticks long term.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  7. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That was exactly my point... They can't go down from where they currently are. The only place to go is up. I just think even if he stays 2 years Michigan will be in a better position at that point than they are currently.

I do agree he likely heads back to the league, I just think regardless if he stays 2 years or 20... Michigan will be better off for having him.

8. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just do not think another coaching search and hire would be good for them in two years. That would be 5 coaches to have coached UM in the last 9 or 10 years.

Other than Jim... There was no one else that they could have hired to make a splash.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  9. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bears, Raiders and Falcons contacted him just after he was done with 49ers to see if he would change his mind.

10. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nick SABAN IS THE DEVIL..... or at least that is who owns his soul now....lol

11. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Those are not good NFL jobs.

12. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The immediate of hiring him is recruiting. There are still some bigtime recruits that have not committed yet and are still on the fence. Michigans recruiting efforts this year have been horrible. If they can lure in another 2-3, 4 star recruits or so, then things will begin to turn in the right direction.

Next year, Michigan will land a National top 10 caliber quarterback just because Harbaugh is coaching.

13. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They already have a QB from Ohio (Trotwood Madison) Messiah Deweaver commited for that cycle. 14th ranked Pro style QB.

14. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Well it looks like he has something to work with coming in which is good.

15. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think he could turn the Bears around. Has something to work with anyway. A lot better on paper than their record shows. Seems like a decent fit to me.

16. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    San Fran couldnt let their ego take a seat to a good coach. Bunch of damn babies in that organization.

17. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I also think he will eventually return to the NFL. He was too good and has unfinished business there. Some desperate NFL team will give him a huge contract along with full control of a team.

18. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Until the prospect of actually living in that cesspool sets in.

19. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We are nor paying out coach more,

It's a great hire, jim was the best coach we could get.

SEC has been getting their asses handed to them, let's go Buckeyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Jim is staying guys, Michigan is wear he wants to be.

It's not about money, I thought he would leave after 4 years, but I don't think so. He wants to be at Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk