Help me understand this.....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Dec 16, 2014.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What in the world has the NFL turned into? Someone help me understand how this is a 15 yard penalty and flag worthy!

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/DC5D6A9C771155990284962852864_26da0a3bbfb.5.1.2336 671517006804637.mp4?versionId=FHJ0S1pYATU1t4.OKBhj 2VsIybRjVmYP[/video]

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't watch the video at work, but it has gotten stupid. A couple weeks ago Tamb Hali was flagged and fined $16,000 for a low hit as he was going for the quarterback in the Arizona game. It wasn't malicious, it just happened as things do in the trenches. In the previous game, Von Miller hammered a Alex Smith well after the play, driving him into the ground. He clearly could have let up and chose not to. Not only did he not get flagged, he didn't get fined either. So the NFL picks and chooses which players they want to fine and which quarterbacks get protected and which ones don't. It's pretty sad.

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I blame fantasy football.

4. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    as funny as this sounds I too think it has merit...personally as much as I love football I think there is a very real possibility it's fixed...I mean too many calls that are not worthy calls etc....just to many questionable calls imho

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Look at it this way fantasy football makes the NFL a butt load of money. NFL Sunday Ticket and Red Zone channel all because of fantasy football. The NFL wants healthy QB's and recievers making big catches so the rules are made to protect QB's and let recievers get open.

6. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure how much money fantasy football makes for the n.f.l, or if you can blame bad calls on fantasy football. The red zone channel and Sunday ticket would be there even if there was no fantasy football. The reason calls like this are made is because the n.f.l. favors the offense because they want high scoring games because they think nobody wants to see games where the score is like 9-3. The n.h.l. did the same thing when they expanded the size of the goal, or when the n.b.a. started the 24 second shot clock. They want high scores.

7. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It was just a bad call. The ref thought the defender lead with the crown of his helmet (spearing)...which has been a penalty in all levels of football for as long as I can remember. But that looks like a clean play to me.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014