What is happening to this country...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MnHunterr, Dec 4, 2014.

1. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  2. Bawanajim

Bawanajim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A complete lack of leadership!

3. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If they can't get "double cheeseburger with no pickles" right then they don't deserve $15/hr. don't know how many times i have to pick the pickles off my burgers. It's ridiculous.

4. Bawanajim

Dislikes Received:
    I said once before, "pick your battles" the republicans should support and pass a $15;00 minimum wage.
    Let the chips fall where they may, the democrats would be screaming blood murder at the job losses and
    the instantaneous export of tens of thousands of jobs.
    I don't buy Starbucks or MacDonald's so I don't care!

5. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, these people all got ribbons for 7th place in Jr. High track and a trophy for participation in baseball. They DESERVE it!!!!! They are special and they should not be expected to tolerate anything less. AND, Obama told them as much.

6. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

It's not going to just affect Starbucks or McDonald's. It is going to affect small business owners all across the nation like myself. I would be forced to either cut employees to avoid the higher overhead or raise my hourly rates to cover the additional payroll and taxes. If I cut 1 employee to cover the raises of the other, that will wash. But now I have one less employee and that leaves us shorthanded. On the other hand, I can keep my employees and just raise my hourly rate. I would have to raise it $10-$20 per hour to cover the payroll, additional taxes, etc. It works out but now all my clients are having to pay a higher hourly rate during a time when they are having to cut expenses due to having to pay THEIR employees more. So now my clients start looking at other companies to save money and next thing you know I am losing business to these big box companies who make so much money they can pay their employees crap and offer services for nothing. See where this is going? It is a lose-lose situation for everyone. I understand what you are saying. Let it pass and then when it bites everyone in the @$$, tell the democrats "I told you so". Just because you don't buy Starbucks or McDonald's doesn't mean you won't be affected. You definitely should care.

7. Bawanajim

Dislikes Received:
    What do these people do to earn a pay check that machine won't do better and cheaper.

8. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Couldn't have said it better Myself!

9. Bawanajim

Dislikes Received:
    No one chooses to be stupid, IQ tests have been around for a long time, and for a reason, as have aptitude tests. The sending of tens of millions of jobs to China and like wage scale countries was not the win win we were told it would be. Not all of us can be lawyers and dentist or computer programmer's, there are millions of Americans that took a huge hit when the plants closed and their jobs left, age as much as education makes many of these folks less than desirable employees.
    Now we are paying the cost for Wal_Marts low Prices.

10. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Trade schools are available everywhere, offer night classes, and have great stable careers.

My friend did 1.5 years and makes 20k more per year than teachers do as a welder. If he was willing to move he could make close to 6 figures in certain scenarios.

Own your situation and make the best of it. You only get one life, no sense in sitting around waiting for others to do something for you. You want something better? Go out there and get it.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Businesses do not pay wages, customers do. If the cost of providing a service goes, the price of the product goes up. The business maintains their expected profit margin. I really can't fathom how these idiots don't get this. If we pay $15.00 as the minimum wage, then everyone's dollar is worth less because everything costs more. So now, their $15.00 is worth the same as what they were already making, but there will be less of them doing the same amount of work since businesses will look at ways to cut down on costs. Labor is the #1 expense, so they will thin the herd.

12. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Wal-Mart only gives people what the want. Just like any other business. I know blaming Wal-Mart is cool and all, but in all seriousness there are jobs out there that people can do outside of fast food and retail that require little to no education. Some pay pretty well too. Check out Mike Rowe's MikeRoweWORKS foundation.

13. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    If your not a teenager, and are working fast food for a living, you are doing it all wrong. Fast food jobs are not careers, never where, never will be. Management, maybe, but your not making minimum wage as a manager either.

14. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agree completely. My job requires a high school diploma or Ged and a cdl which they helped me obtain. I make more than the average teacher so I can't complain. All that and I still have a 4 year degree. Smh...

15. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is a reason that they work for minimum wage. Because they are too damned lazy to do anything for themselves. Lazy *******s have been taught to sit and complain with their hand out until they get what they want rather than obtaining a skill or learning a useful trade. This is what is being passed down from generation to generation. If I grew up in a household where my parents made minimum wage and could barely afford to feed me, I sure as hell wouldn't want to continue on down that path with my own children. People need to stop wanting others to do everything for them and start doing some things for themselves. I'm so sick of the parasites in this country.

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Funny how they protest instead of trying to better themselves, the it's not fair crowd.

17. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It infuriates me how inconsiderate and selfish these people are... I am all for a peaceful protest, but when you start shutting down major highways it is not a protest anymore. Think... There could have been a son/daughter trying to rush to the hospital while their mom/dad was on their last breath. There could have been someone trying to rush their child to the hospital because of a broken bone... I could go on and on.

Pisses me off to no end.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can't understand why those people were not arrested? Who thinks it is a good idea to block an interstate?

19. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    People are jealous and want what the guy next to them has. The problem today is that everyone see what everyone else has all the time. We all share everything with the world. So lower income people constantly see what others have and what they do not. This wasn't as prevalent in the past. We all kinda lived in little bubbles. We knew it existed, but it wasn't shoved in our faces all the time.

Now just because we are jealous beings doesn't mean we should riot in the streets, but that is caused by the attention that the rioting gets from the media. That is what these people want. Attention. And we give it to them.

Basically the underlying problem is human nature and our consumption of media/information.

20. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The poor don't work, the working class is working harder and the wealthy invest worldwide.