Does anyone have multiples?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by rustyreno, Nov 24, 2014.

1. rustyreno

rustyreno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cause my wife and I are having triplets and I am not gonna lie, I am starting to get a little freaked out lol. I am extremely happy cause I always wanted three kids and these are our first, but my buddy pointed out the other night how close we are getting to when they may arrive so it pretty much hit me like a ton of bricks. I say may arrive because her due date is April 8th, but because she is high risk they will be coming sooner than that. The local hospital has a level 2 NICU so they have to reach a certain weight and age if they can be born there, and stay there after they are born. My wife and i talk about how it's the terrifying part of pregnancy that you never think about when you are younger, just that you get older, get married, have kids etc. But there are so many factors going on that I am starting to become nervous about not just the babies, but her health as well.

Are there any of you out there that have twins or triplets and have any words of advice, or recommendations as far as after they come. I have read a bunch of stuff online about getting them into a routine, but it never hurts to ask for more information. Thanks guys.

-Andrew

2. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How exciting, congratulations! Do you know genders?

I cannot imagine having triplets; twins would be tough enough (and they run in the family, so lets hope they pass over me!). No (real) advice from me. Enjoy it. Try and sleep when they sleep and help out your wife as often as you can. Best of luck!!

3. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Best of luck... lol I don't have triplets but I do have three kids. Save your money, gonna need it!

4. P&YChaser

P&YChaser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have twin boys who are now almost 4, and the only real advice I can give you is try to keep them on the same eating/sleeping schedule for as long as possible, otherwise you'll never be able to sleep. Also, definitely take advantage and sleep whenever they do, you can get stuff done when they're awake. And above all, enjoy every moment, it goes by a lot faster than you think.

5. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well my first piece of advice is calm down, it'll all work out and be great.

I have twins. A coworker has triplets. All kids are the same age.

My girls are now 6. The first couple months are rough, not going to lie. They key is routine. If you get off on schedules you'll never get any sleep. Yes it's more expensive, but not ridiculously expensive. There are ways to really keep costs in check. Sign up for all the coupons you can. My friends were able to get on some special amazon promotion and they got all their diapers off there a lot cheaper.

That's really the only negatives. I love having twins. Sure it's 2 kids to fix dinner for, 2 kids to bathe, 2 kids to keep track of, but it's not that bad at all.

The really great part is that they have someone to play with always. My brother has 1 girl and they're constantly having to entertain her.

This is all up until the age when they talk back and can throw fits. thankfully my girls are awesome and i haven't had to deal with a public fit, but at home is bad enough. Still though, wouldn't trade it for the world.

As my coworker with triplets said... "chaos is chaos"

6. Grube

Grube Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well im only 15. but if i was you i would be saving money!! congratulations tho!!!!

7. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations. I will be praying for you and your wife that she delivers healthy babies. My niece had an extremely premature boy, and he is thriving now, so medicine can do a lot of miracles. I don't have multiples, but I can say enjoy the ride. When my oldest turned 1 I said 1 down 17 to go. Now that he is 17 that's not funny. I cherish the times we have had together in the stand and all the other fun times.

8. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow... I would be freaking out too

9. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My girls went almost full term, not even 1 night in the NICU, which is unusual for multiples. It's pretty amazing what can be done with premature babies. Just make sure you have a good doctor. They're worth their weight in... well how much they make!

10. Jimmie

Jimmie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a total of f-i-v-e. I'm not sure what the scariest part is. The fact that you're going from zero to three which is a huge change, or what happens when they start to drive, date, or go to college. Today's trends dictate saving, saving, saving. Best of luck!

11. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You poor s.o.b...

12. Bawanajim

Bawanajim Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just remember that sack kicking each and everyone that tells you to "save" "save" "save" while all your expenditures just tripled, your work load just quad tripled and your sleep is a thing of the past, is always acceptable behavior!

Rule "two" never ask advise, you will get far more than you ever care to hear!

Just be proud that you have been the one chosen to carry the load, the rewards will make the journey a fantastic one for the both of you.

13. rustyreno

Dislikes Received:
    I appreciate all of the input everyone. Sorry it took me a while to post back but we lost the babies last week and I have not been able to look at this post til now. My wife and I are doing ok and just taking it one day at a time. They are in a better place now and will never be forgotten.

-Andrew

14. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man very sorry for your families loss. I couldn't imagine. My wife and I had a scare with our 2nd so I understand how scary it can be. You are in my prayers.

15. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Condolences to you and your family.

16. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your wife.

17. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So very sorry. I cannot imagine...

Praying your you and your wife.

18. rustyreno

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you everyone. From the bottom of my heart I truly appreciate it.

-Andrew