I was robbed

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by GregH, Nov 19, 2014.

1. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've been up at my cabin since Oct. 17th. My wife and dog come up every other weekend. My wife has been staying at her elderly mothers house since then because she is starting to need help. Because of that, my wife was checking our house every few days. Well, last night I get a call from her telling me we've been robbed. :rant:

We're thinking it was kids that robbed us as the only things taken was our PS3 and a few old guns and pellet rifles. The police were called and they came over and investigated (dusted for prints etc.).

This totally bites along with the weather for my hunting as well. I just can't make myself go out and sit in single digit temps with gusts of wind up to 40 mph. Looking forward to this weekends gun opener with much milder weather predicted.

Rant over.

2. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    More and more am I hearing of this. So sorry it happened to you. Hopefully they get some leads and catch whoever it was.

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Man that blows. Hope they catch the little bastages.

4. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You and your wife didn't check in or post on social media that you weren't at home or anything right? Surprisingly and unfortunately sometimes it's neighbors or people you know. Really sorry that happened to you, hope they catch the punks.

5. Eddie234

Eddie234 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, I love when people post pictures of them selves and say how great there trip is going. It's an open invitation to the local thieves.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

6. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No we did not post anything on social media. I don't have a facebook account or any social media account.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have no use for thieves. They are the lowest form of scum. I hope they get caught, but it really doesn't matter because they will receive nothing but a slap on the wrist. Even if they do get convicted and have to serve time, they will get out early because we have to make room for "dangerous" criminals. Totally frustrating situation, sorry your having to go through it. My neighbor went through it last year.

8. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Been there, sucks bad!!!! Sorry to hear it..

9. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wife? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Did I miss something?

10. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    That's ridiculous. Hate to hear it. Hopefully they catch them. Scum.

11. dhd

dhd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Somewhere in the woods, though, that position may
    Hate to hear that. Hope you catch'm

12. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear that Greg. Hopefully they catch them !!

Tim

13. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Another great use for trail cameras. Hope you catch the scum.

14. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Time for a home security system

15. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That really sucks. I the 2nd home security system idea. It a great deterrent. IMO
    Been broken into myself a couple of time but they never stole anything. Alarm went off and scared them off. Now Ive got cameras recording 24/7.

16. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about the low life's. I don't know why people just can't leave other peoples stuff alone.

17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is my biggest fear, single and living alone leaves a pretty predictable pattern. Luckily I live in an older neighborhood so usually have several neighbors home throughout the day.

Sorry it happened to you, scum of the earth thieves. You should be allowed to sick MF Jones on them when and if caught. This time of year residential burglaries really ramp up as people start their holiday shopping.

Also a good time to remind people about putting those boxes for expensive gifts out on the curb being a bad idea and offering up a shopping list of sorts for the scum.

Hope you're able to get reimbursed and at least get some of the older firearms back as they along with possible memories are hard to replace.

18. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

My problem too. Though I live out in the middle of no where. I mean, I'm married - but he works out of town. It's pretty predictable to figure out our pattern.

Keep an eye on classified ads. Sometimes they try to sell items for quick cash.

19. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Check the local pawn shops,flea markets and Craigslist.

20. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks, hope they nail the suckers.
    This type of thing is getting worse and worse and so are scams. Yesterday I got a call from some guy on my cell phone, he had an Indian accent. He introduced himself as being with Microsoft and said they had been getting multiple reports from my PC and it was on the verge of a major crash.

Now for one thing, Microsoft wouldn't have an effing clue what me cell phone number is. I've never registered any microsoft product with my cell phone number and my cell number is not listed anywhere and is on a no call list. Second of all, my desktop has three different anti-virus software on it and anti-malware and total internet protection. I never have problems with it anymore and there have been no reports sent except for one about three weeks ago because shockwave player froze up..no biggie, a simple refresh and system mechanic check and everything was and still is perfect.

The guy wanted me to go to my PC and he was going to walk me through giving him access to my system so he could "FIX it" online...LOL. I told the guy he was full of crap and a scammer and to lose my number. He said I assure you I'm not a scammer. I said yeah that helps, lol. I said well if not and my PC crashes, it crashes...it's done it before and I have a local tech that can fix it right up and if not I'll buy a new one.

People will try anything and I bet more people than not would buy that smuck hook, line and sinker.

Be careful folks!