911......Where Were You?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Tony, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In remembrance...where were you...what were you doing?

2. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was at my shop working on a turbine, there was a video recording company next door and they started recording the live reports through out the whole day, I have never watched it again.

It is A day to remember why we love America.

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My dad and I had both dozers up near Greely KS clearing brush off a 160 acre farm. We were doing maintenance on a machine and dad noticed an airliner making a doughnut circle above us. He said turn the radio on and see what's going on. I did and about then the second plane hit.
    The guy that owned the ranch we were working for, had an insurance company that had an entire floor in one of the towers. I don't recall how many people they lost but the guy was physically ill over it the next time we met with him. Small world.

Have a safe day everyone.

4. Cajun Ty

Cajun Ty Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was on a job site across the street from a Federal Building and the Police came and shut down job site and told us what happened. They made everyone evac in the area of Federal Building, when we got bk to shop is when we saw the towers fall, PRAYERS STILL GO OUT TO ALL

5. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Going to take a cultural geography test in college. Everyone asked the professor if he would not give the test, I had no idea what was going on.

6. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was at work when I heard about it.

We all gathered around the TV in the lunch room to watch the live feed.

All work stopped and the world seemed to stand still for the next several hours as we watch the horror of it..

7. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sitting at my desk in my office, about 2 hours away from the World Trade Center.
    After it set in I started realizing all the friends, and some family that worked at World Trade Center or right in the area ( lower Manhattan)
    It took days to account for everyone we knew, it was heart breaking. I can remember reading the list of names on line in the following days/weeks and seeing the name of high school friend who little did I know became a FDNY fire fighter and never made it out of the south tower. On that same list I found our good friends husband, we didn't even know he was working there at time. We see her often though out the years and to watch her two daughters grow up with out the father that they loved, makes 9/11 something that doesn't just come along once a year.

8. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was at school in 4th grade when it happened. All I remember is how quiet all the teachers were, I didn't find out until i got home and Mom told me.

9. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just starting my day at work, we started watching after the first plane hit. It was hard to comprehend when the second plane hit. Sad day.

10. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Standing at my then girlfriend's locker...went to a literature class and seriously watched the news in silence for maybe 30 minutes. (Freshman I believe I was in HS)

11. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was a senior in HS. I worked in the library 1st period. I controlled on the TVs in the school from my "office" and I would play Channel One every morning. On 9/11, the VP frantically came in and asked me if I could get any news channels on all the TVs. I told her that the system only worked on tape. It wouldn't play live TV. She just left.

I didn't know what was happening till 2nd period where my history teacher had the radio and the TV on. The TV was fuzzy, but we could make out what was happening. That was either when the 2nd plane hit, or the 1st tower collapsed. I can't remember. Either way, we did not switch classes that day. Just stayed there and watched the news all day.

We would do the same thing for the next 3 days. Just watched the news in all of our classes.

12. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In my 6th grade class.

13. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was driving to work and listening to the local radio station.ha ha ha! those were the days.... local radio :)
    What a day that was.

14. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In a AutoCAD class.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It was my day off work, and I don't believe I had class that day either so I was sleeping in. My phone rang and it was my mom. She asked me if I was watching the news. I was still in a bit of a fuzz from being woken up. I flipped on the TV and pretty sure I didn't move for several hours.

16. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hate to admit this, but I was in the principals office at school for touching a girls butt (I was only 12) when I first saw the tv. Then my mom picked me up because they suspended me for 3 days. I was then at home eating a bowl of cereal when the towers fell. Even at such a young age, I was able to understand what was happening. My mothers reaction is something that will never leave my mind.

17. SWitchBacKXT

SWitchBacKXT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was in the 5th grade. Principle came over the loud speaker an made the announcement.

18. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was at Norfolk Naval Station. Things got locked down quick. Scary day to say the least.

19. Nebraska

Nebraska Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was in math class and walking to my next class when I passed through the library and saw the tvs. I was glued for the rest of the day.

20. Chris1982

Chris1982 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was on a mountain in Kosovo on a the first day of a three day mission to find and catch weapons smugglers crossing the Kosovo/Macedonia border. A call came on the radio asking if any of us had relatives working at the World Trade Center or the pentagon, none of us did so no other info came over the radio. Three days later we were back at our base camp and finally found out what had happened.