Do you even lift? lol

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by CarolinaMan, Sep 1, 2014.

1. CarolinaMan

CarolinaMan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anybody else in here lifts? I really think bowhunting is a blast and fun but bodybuilding and seeing results becomes an addiction. Trying to tackle work, gym time, and deer season things can get a little hectic. Deer season is only 3 months so you have to make the most of it when it comes around!

2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I lift 3 days a week. I played football most of my life. Even played Semi-pro. I competed as a Natural Bodybuilder for several years. Bowhunting is the biggest addiction I have ever had. If given a choice, Bowhunting would win out 100 times out of a 100. Lifting does make all the tasks that bowhunting involves a lot easier.

3. Scowd

Scowd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've lifted most of my life. I find now that I'm getting older when I don't I really feel old. I want to bow hunt for as long as I can that's my motivation to keep lifting. I have a lot more mountains to climb in this life. I don't do a lot of heavy weights anymore, more into the full body workouts and stretching seems to be getting more and more important. Once the season starts it's hard to get it in but I do the best I can.

4. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love to lift! Just this morning I lifted over 8,000 pounds and intend to do more.

5. CarolinaMan

Dislikes Received:
    Yea lifting is good to clear your mind just like sitting in the woods waiting for a big buck and i know long term im not going to be able to lift heavy but im only 21 and i pray i never mess up my elbows or anything where i cant shoot a bow anymore even though i do have a shoulder problem i only feel it if i throw a football or throw something i feel no pain when i pull back my bow

6. CarolinaMan

Dislikes Received:
    And sam you use to play semi pro football thats awesome! You earn some cool points haha

7. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been into it on and off for the last 26 years. Currently I'm trying to find time to get back in but a new job has me all over the place.

8. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You don't even lift, tiny!

Ha!