Disturbing...!!!!..need to think about it though...please read

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by raptorfx, Aug 22, 2014.

1. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Friends i watched a horrifying video today on live leak .com..actually 2 videos. ..let me start off by saying this..people, we live in a country that far and away is the greatest place to live and raise a family..but i bet that 95% of us take the united states for granted, and here is why....earlier today i watched a video on www.liveleak.com..in that video i witnessed the radical islam group known as isis cut a womans head clean off while she was still alive...now friends thats not the only thing..i also seen a video on there where isis nutjobs took a entire group of iraqi soldiers and cut thier heads off and then proceded to stick thier heads on a fence in the middle of a town square!!!...i must say that it hurt me very much to see those videos but it also made me think of all the people in this world that dont have it so easy as we do.
    When i saw how those people were treated, i got so mad i could have picked my computer up and threw it through my damn wall...its not right!!!!..and i hope that if anyone here needs thier eyes opened..just go to liveleak.com and watch those videos , (if you can stomach it)...we as american people should be doing more for those in other countries that can not do for themselves....i was never a fan of the united states military being the worlds police..but after those two videos.......we damn well need to be the worlds police....and we need to be kicking those nut jobs ***"s all the way to hell....im sorry if i offended anyone here...i had to get this off my chest ...it still bothers me....

2. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Those videos are extremely disturbing. I choose not to watch them because I have experienced the pure hatred they have towards americans. It's hard to describe when you are eye to eye with someone who hates you for exsisting and for everything you represent. I too get extremely worked up over this, and i too believe we are and need to be the world police. It's bullying in the worst form, if you saw a kid being bullied and being beaten, would you just say, not my responsibility, how does it affect me? what if i get hurt trying to stop it? why should i stop it because those are his religous beliefs to hurt the weak who dont believe in what i believe in? NO, most would do somthing, it's the same thing here just in a grander and deadlier scale. whats right is right, and whats wrong is wrong.

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not so sure most would do anything. I've seen too many vids of people laying hurt and folks just stepping around them or literally running them over rather than stopping and helping.

Don't know about you, but I'm not going to drop anything here and go into another country to try to defend a backwards people who are too ignorant to help themselves from a fundamental level. I was blessed to be generated here and that's exactly where I'm keeping my selfish *ss. Sorry, my heart goes out to people being beheaded, if it were here I would intervene but not on foreign soil.

4. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    I guess some people are born with it, and some aren't. I'm a natural born defender of freedom and rights for Americans, AND for the weak. so you bet your *** if i could be medically cleared for duty, i would be over there in a heartbeat. I really don't think those people are ignorant, when you are constantly being attacked and slaughtered and have NOTHING, sometimes you need a helping hand.

5. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I saw a video (happened in America) of a guy walking out of a parking lot and the arm that goes up and down to let cars in and out came down on his head and knocked him out cold. The man in the car behind him got out and looked then got back into his car and RAN him over just to get out. As far as ISIS goes they are the biggest pieces of you know what on the planet.

6. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We not only need to help but we need to understand just how big of a threat isis is to the US and the world. They need to be stopped and NOW

We not only need to be helping in Iraq but we better get to their home base in Syria soon.

7. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    What's the definition of ignorant? Can you imagine living in a place like that and not being capable of defending yourself? I sure can't...I would take whatever measures I needed to in order to make damn sure I didn't find myself in a position to get decapitated if that meant going out in a fire fight. In my opinion anything less than that would define me as ignorant.

I'm not willing to ask or expect anything of anyone that I would not be willing to do myself and there's no way I can see myself going to another country to defend the weak or the ignorant or both unless I had family there in trouble. I just don't see it as any of our business. You can't run all over the world throwing your *** on the line for every willingly ignorant and weak person on the planet and especially when you have domestic problems that could use your fervor at home.

8. BOWHUNTANDLIVE

BOWHUNTANDLIVE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LOL...........

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Being a veteran I know this all to well. The problem with wanting to help stop this is not enough. Diplomatic laws, foreign relations, treaties and the Geneva convention prevents the logical persons from doing what many know needs doing. Because we are facing a threat that can so easily blend in with the masses makes this even harder to achieve. Terrorists are COWARDS. There is a reason why they hide their faces. Because they know the ones we can identify, we will eventually find and kill. They know that if they faced us in traditional warfare, they would be destroyed in minutes. So what do they do, they kill from within. They are the masters of disguise. All an ISIS or Taliban member has to do is this; Dress in civilian clothes, come to an Embassy or base and say they want to be trained to fight the terrorism in their land. The US entities take them in. Touting that they are "training Iraqis and Afghan civilians to fight back and defend themselves. All the time they are laying in wait (wolves in sheep clothing) until they can attack from within. This has happened too many times and the idiots in charge foolishly continue to do the same thing. To eliminate this threat you can't trust ANY of them and assume that any of them at anytime can turn on you. To do that, you have to take control of the country and that is not wise. So, until the people of the land(who know who these individuals are) start to fight back, this will always happen. The hatred the Shiites have for the Sunnis and vice versa has been going on for 1000s of years. This is a religious war, plain and simple. It will continue and even get worse.

10. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also saw those videos and the one that was just recently put out of the beheading of the american journalist. Words cant describe the things that i hope happen to those people for being that way and taking the lives of people who are just on earth.

11. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    I Didn't mean to come across like a ****, But I do want to help people in need even if it's none of our business I just feel like it's the right thing to do. :)

12. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately this sort of thing has been going on since the dawn of time. Countries and groups have used fear to manage and control others to suit their needs. Due to this some are taught to be sheep since they entered the world. In most cases sheep will only be sheep. I myself can not imagine being ruled by fear but at the same time I grew up learning that you control your destiny and no one ones you. That path is however not simple as your actions in many of these countries can lead to death of the ones you care about and love. So until we walk a mile their shoes we should certainly not judge. I can not stand bullies and will always do what I can to prevent it. In this case we should support our brothers and sisters in the military that protect North America and remind them when ever we can just how important they are. They sacrifice more than many know so we can sleep peaceful at night.

AT the same time we can not be naive to believe the same thing is not near our borders. The mexican drug cartel uses the same tactics to ensure their longevity.

Their is a time to protect your own but we have to protect those that can not protect themselves. Even at the price of them hating us. Because at the end of the day we have to live with knowing we did the needful and what was right. That is defined by how you were raised. Enough of my rambling.

13. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Great post......well thought out.

14. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't think you came across that way anyway, I hardly ever intend to come across that way either but I know I probably do just out of a desire to discuss stuff.

You're a good hearted guy and I appreciate that. I hope these a holes get what's coming to them too, it's just that we have different thresholds used to determine what's a worthy cause and what is someone elses problem. The UN should actually handle problems exactly like these and if a league of nations decided it to be a worthy cause to act then I might be more open to the idea as a coalition effort. Unfortunately we all know the UN and that being the case, in the overall scope of things at the moment, I don't feel it's something we should feel as our responsibility to try to fix.

I do appreciate every service members commitment to their job. I just can't help that I feel often times the Dbags with operational control of the forces are mentally retarded. The world is so big and so many problems, at some point you've got to have a cut off of what's in national interest and what isn't.

15. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If the UN does anything, we will be the ones seeing it through. :eek:

16. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    That's the sad reality of it. Another example of a good concept that sucks butt in reality.

17. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well said raptor.

18. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nope I'm not gonna say it...

19. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What he said. Hilarious:lol:

20. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    These radicals are the scum of the earth!! In my opinion ISIS and every single person even affiliated with them needs to be wiped off the face of the earth. Definitely easier said than done but I feel we need to be doing as much as possible to eliminate them.