I just cannot imagine why our President would allow the Attorney General of the US...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by virginiashadow, Aug 20, 2014.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    to make comments like this.....???? When are people of all political parties going to realize they are being used as political pawns,moved about the national chess board in order to secure votes and money?

These politicians are not to be trusted. I cannot begin to fathom why our current piece of crap President allows this type of talk to exist. He is crippling our country by dividing races and pitting them against one another. It is not an "honest talk" thing, it is manipulation of people's emotion in order to garner more votes. That friggin simple. I wish a strong black leader in our country would stand up and call out these bastards.

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Attorney General Eric Holder sought Wednesday to reassure the people of Ferguson about the investigation into Michael Brown's death and said he understands why many black Americans do not trust police, recalling how he was repeatedly stopped by officers who seemed to target him because of his race.
    Holder made the remarks during a visit to the St. Louis suburb that has endured more than a week of unrest fueled by the fatal shooting of the black 18-year-old by a white officer. The Obama administration intended the trip to underscore its commitment to civil rights in general and the Ferguson case in particular.
    The attorney general described how he was stopped twice on the New Jersey Turnpike and accused of speeding. Police searched his car, going through the trunk and looking under the seats.

2. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I cant understand why people voted obama into office... TWICE.

But he is the best black president we have ever had...

3. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Race baiting is his main weapon of choice.

Keep 2 sides divided and they won't be able to settle differences and see what really happening.
    Him, Nixon and Holder are cut from the same cloth.

4. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    holder or hitler?

5. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You would not believe who gave him his start as a judge in the late 80's. He's done some good and bad about like the rest. I don't like what he is doing right now, but I think he is just trying anything to get them to stop.

6. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just cannot imagine why our President would allow the Attorney General of t...

Couldn't agree more, all these comments do is add more fuel to a already hot fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think the President should stay out of it all together. IMO he, nor anyone else in the White House, has any business arm chair quarterbacking what the police did. Let the investigation and courts decide what's right and wrong. Obama did the same thing with the Harvard professor, or whatever his title was stating, "The police acted stupidly". He's not a cop and doesn't do their job so keep your nose out of it. Save your comments for later if you have to comment at all.

Cops are people and just like everyone else. We all know most cops do their job to the best of their ability and then sometimes there are those that screw up and give the others a bad name. I do my job to the best of my ability and use common sense. I'm a Correctional Sergeant and work in a jail. I'm not questioning whether or not a doctor did his job right, or whether the mail person is sorting the mail wrong. It's no my job!

Maybe the kid was speeding. Maybe he deserved a ticket and they didn't write him one. Maybe the kid said it was ok to search his car because unless the cops had probable cause to believe a crime is or did occur and evidence in the car, they can't search it unless you give them permission. You can say no. Don't lynch me if I'm wrong but I believe I saw a news report stating the kid robbed a liquor store shortly before the police contacted him. The news showed the video.

To sum it up, let the professionals do their job. Let the courts decide if there was a crime committed and if the cops did something wrong, let the justice system handle them. Is the justice system always right, hell no. But it's the best we have right now and it's not going to change in the near future. The media won't tell us everything that really happened because that doesn't create good news. They speculate a lot and make assumptions that people watching believe as fact. At this point, there are too many unknowns to draw conclusions.

Here's what the New York Post reported:

“Police sources tell me more than a dozen witnesses have corroborated cop’s version of events in shooting,” St. Louis Post-Dispatch crime reporter Christine Byers tweeted, without elaborating. Officer Darren Wilson has not spoken publicly about the Aug. 9 shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown shortly after Brown and a pal allegedly stole a $50 box of cigars in a strong-arm robbery at a convenience store."

Draw your own conclusions...

8. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Simple. They are also his sentiments.

9. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The divide keeps getting wider, the distrust keeps growing, and the hatred expanding, what we are seeing is the direction America is going, and it certainly isn't the right one.

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My one questions to Holder or O would be,

Would you allow Mr. Brown to date your daughters?

11. sachiko

sachiko Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I logged in just so I could "Like" this post.

12. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    Has there been a release of the weapon used? 9mm, 40 cal. the lack of exit wounds interest me.

It is clear a 45 should be your choice in self defense.

13. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Please don't be that guy.
    4 in the arm from any handgun won't do it.

14. John Galt

Dislikes Received:
    There would only have been one in the arm and the next would have been under the left arm pit from the spinning effect of the first hit.

15. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    This might be your most prescient post ever.

16. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is a strong black leader that speaks out about this foolishness all time. Dr. Ben Carson. Of course he is called names like I have for being a registered Republican since I have been able to vote, but what's new. He is not afraid to call things as he sees them.

17. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    I also thought of him...however, Dr. Carson also made some pretty stupid comments on this situation. To paraphrase, he asked why the cop did not shoot to wound rather than to kill (he was on Hannity.) I shook my head in frustration when I heard that. I like Dr. Carson in many regards; but he is habitually and clearly completely ignorant on gun/self defense issues. I do however appreciate the fact that he never references race to cloud issues but only to make specific factual points.

18. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thought the same thing!!

19. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The unfortunate thing I see is that these deceitful jackholes have masses following them because they believe that the jackholes have the black people's best interest in mind, when it couldn't be further from the truth. The incidence of black on black crime SHOULD be what they are really worried about. It's a sad story when I have to see a little 5yr old girl in the hospital at 1:00 in the morning because daddy got shot.... Which I did last week!!! If the baiters REALLY cared, they'd go where the ROOT of the problem is and start digging it up. I work with a wide demographic of people from as far away as Australia, Japan, a large number from Africa, Europe and eastern Europe, but the one thing we all have in common is we are all civil human beings. A couple of my co-workers who are from Nigeria get terribly disgusted with issues such at this and the Trayvon Martin thing because they don't understand how people cannot be "smart enough" to see the real problem. Granted these are both bachelor's educated nurses, who are Christians and have very devout Christian beliefs, but they are smart enough also to not be blinded by color and emotion rather than facts.

20. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    WOW, I missed that one! That is asinine! He needs to talk to some law enforcement guys and spend a day with them. All in all he is a good guy.