The old people

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by raptorfx, Aug 14, 2014.

1. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    anyone ever notice how the elderly these days get shoved around and pushed aside?...I cant stand it....don"t think its right..the elderly should be as precious to us as children are...im sure if anyone here has elderly grandparents or parents..then you absolutely understand what im saying here...if I see a elderly person getting treated bad...well..lets just say that I turn into quite a nasty guy...I feel bad for all the elderly in the nurseing homes and in hospitals...my father is 82 years old and I love him to death his hunting days are over though...very sad time for me. lost my mother 2 years ago to alziemers here at home..she was 62...miss her every day..lot of times I justy sit and cry over her and over my dad..so people..PLEASE..if you know elderly people who need time spent with them..please do it.....BECAUSE I PROMISE YOU......IT IS SO VERY WORTH IT.....

2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I feel your pain .I was raised to respect elderly people and I do. I don't like to see anyone mistreated, especially elderly people. I see them all the time with canes and walkers and I help them out any chance I get. Many people, especially a lot of the young people in this world, have no respect for the elderly. So sad!

3. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is a house next to my work (down hill from the parking lot) that has an elderly man who is usually sitting on his back pad reading the paper in the mornings. One day he told me I had some nice vehicles. We struck up a small conversation. I now wave to him every morning. It makes me smile every morning I see him and I hope it does the same to him!

4. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A wave and a smile are both free. but what you get in return can be priceless.

5. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Some people are just garbage. I was raised to respect the elderly but some people just don't see it that way anymore. There is nothing to explain it really.

6. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    People now days forget what it's like to have a conversation with people. The world has turned into a "how much can I get done society instead of what a "what can I do to help society". Texting drives me nuts unless it's a quick simple message, otherwise call me. Every car someone can get in front of on the freeway means I'll be 2 seconds earlier than if I'd just gotten behind the person I cut off. We live in a world of convenience where most have forgotten what a real days work is.

Those old timers have forgotten more about work than most people will ever know. Take a minute and have a conversation with some and you'll hear some really good stories about the old days. I remember when I was in high school and asked my uncle what the speed limit was when he was in school. He said, "Son, as fast as you could go without wreckin. When you saw red & blue lights, you turned yours off and drove from memory". Must have been fun!

7. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I always love hearing the WWII generation talk about their lives.

Yes, it sad that Hollywood like to always portray the children in shows as the smart ones and the adults are dumb and out of touch and the elderly are all senile. Scary part is these kids believe it and think they know everything about the world.

8. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, our elderly are the reason we are on this planet. They are also responsible for everything that we have today. Lets just start with one FREEDOM! WWll Nazi germany. We speak english and own as many guns as we like because of the WWll generation. Not to mention our Korea Vets who are all to forgotten these days, and our Vets from Nam that are passing from cancer at an alarming rate.

How about the folks that taught us as young men and women to turn a wrench, and make a motor crank, or build a house, fix a leaky pipe, wire some electric. The list goes on and on. We had to move into the city due to my wife taking a job at the hospital. Some of the kids that come over and visit are completely lost. When asked where we buy our deer mounts my older daughter just laughs. And guess what it's not completely their fault PARENTING is at fault. I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that.

I take my boys to the farmers house next door to our land every time we hunt to say hi. He takes the boys out to the fence line with a bucket to collect pecans from the 4 trees planted during WWll for his four family members killed during the war. We are always feed, not allowed to leave the house hungry ever. The young men in his family are total POS just waiting for him and his wife to die so they can sub divide the land and make money.

It's a damn shame to see young people treat elderly poorly

Great thread Sam!

9. raptorfx

raptorfx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    so glad to see that once again I was right as rain about the people on this forum...FIRST CLASS ACTS ALL THE WAY AROUND..and I completely agree with what everyone has to say on this thread

10. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO stick around......

11. NHBowHnter

NHBowHnter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Scruples,Morals,Respect and Manners.. 4 things that this younger generation are seriously lacking. As a whole society frowns upon punishing kids for being bad,disrespectful. I never would have talked back to my folks growing up. I see kids that are totally out of control. Talking back yelling at their parents calling the names. Without the worry in the world that they'll get in trouble. A close buddy of mine lets his kid talk to him that way.. I sat there one day as he (the son) berated his father. Till i had enough.. I blew up! I was ready to ring this kids neck.. I yelled at him, that this is NO way to speak to your father.. that it's very disrespectful. ESPECIALLY in MY HOUSE!. The kid looked like I just slapped him across the face.. Then walked upstairs. I turned to my buddy and said sorry.. Sorry if I just over stepped my boundarys there but I wasn't going to sit back and let him talk to you that way... Why do you?? he replied.. I can't yell at him.. My dad did an I don't want to be like my dad. I said.. your not your dad. but letting him talk to you this way.. He'll never have respect for you. 10 maybe 15 minutes later his son came down. Walked up to me and his father and said sorry for being disrespectful. then went out to play. I turned to my buddy and said. See that's how it's SUPPOSED to be.. To this day his son still shows respect to me. Everyone has good in them, some just need to be shown the way.

12. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So if the older generations don't like how the younger generations have turned out...wouldn't it be the older generation's fault for not raising them the right way?

I don't have kids but I have many nieces and nephews and they are great. My friends have great kids too. So I guess I'm not really seeing the same things the rest of you are?

13. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I spend the majority of my time at work with the elderly.

14. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is why oncea month I bring my guitar to the nursing home and play and sing songs. God bless the elderly.