Israel

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Dan, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm surprised there's no discussion on what's happening in Israel. Opinions? Takes on it? How do you feel about this video?

[video=youtube_share;K8dFxV-ocEs]http://youtu.be/K8dFxV-ocEs[/video]

2. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's an interesting video. At first I thought it was going to be one sided supporting the Jewish cause but took a turn calling for palestinian rights.

I might be called Unamerican for saying this, but I don't know why we have to have blanket support for Israel 100% of the time. There's plenty of blame on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That video leaves a lot out and is very bias.

4. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Elaborate please.

5. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly think the US needs to stay out of every other countries business. We have a broken country at home yet we spend all this time and money to fix the worlds problems when these groups have been fighting for hundreds or thousands of years. We aren't going to fix their problems when we cant even fix ours and the video has even said it, the US has only made it worse.

6. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    From what I understand, Israel controls the water and electic supply to Gaza and if they were truly trying to be malicious they could simply turn them off, but they haven't. They're doing what we're afraid to do, which is to protect our borders. After the first intifada Israel had enough of the suicide bombings and attacks so they put up a blockade. Since then, Hamas has taken power and have been firing rockets over into Israel ever since, so Israel has defended themselves and responded accordingly. It's all cause and affect for me. Israel isn't doing anything other than what I would expect a country to do and I'm glad we aren't part of it.

7. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Almost every American that supports Israel has no idea why they support Israel.

8. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think we can both agree that blanket presumptuous statements are usually pretty inconsistent.

9. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First I think its extremely hypocritical for the US or any other country who has conquered land to suggest that another country give land back.
    Who breaks all these ceases fires?
    Last time I checked its pretty hard to coexist with people who's conditions are that you all die.
    In that video the state that Israel Benifits from resources that the Palestinian's don't, problem is one side believes in education and science the others don't.

Everybody thinks that because Israel goes on the offensive and are pretty effective at violence of action that their wrong, their not.
    Violence is just force.
    If anything the US and the international community has held them back more than helping them. If they really wanted to they could end it all right now by themselves.

10. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And just to be clear as far as Israel goes I'm neither for nor against. I'm just one of those people that think if you keep throwing rocks at a chained dog and then one day he breaks his chain, well its on you bud.

11. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We give Israel billions so they can "mow their lawn". Israel is a huge welfare state that I do not align myself with. Give the billions to Americans who need it.

12. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I do agree that we need to stop all foreign aid and focus on ourselves. But, I also find it ignorant that people think that Palestinians actually own the land and the Jews took it away when Israel was formed after WWII. The Romans took the land from the Jews 2,000 years prior and gave it the name of Palestine. So they took it away from Greek phoenicians, semetic people, who settled the land to begin with so any argument that Palestinians should have the right to the land is just as backwards any other argument.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  13. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So we are trespassing on Native American soil?

14. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's an unfortunate truth. But let me also add that I'm not advocating that just one people or the other "own" the land. I believe they should coexist and stop being violent. Neither side had any control over the entity who "gave" the Jews the land. Just like I have people of differnt races and religious backgrounds living on my street, why can't they do the same? I have always wondered if we had coexisted with Native Americans and worked together to be peaceful. Unfortunately when governments get involved, greed motivates and violence ensues.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  15. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How about instead of giving it, we stop stealing it from Americans who earned it in the first place.

16. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Israel, the video is trash.

17. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I support the side that did not cheer in the streets on 9/11.

18. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can never figure out all the gloom and doom comments I see in this site regarding the state of our country? Most people I know including myself are better off today than at any of previous time? Maybe the part of the country I live in is somewhat isolated from some of the economic issues happening in other areas?

19. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The video is pretty spot on. The only ones who would dispute it are the same who know very little about the region and back the state of Israel for no other reason then lack of education or religious bias.

20. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would argue that the ones who support Palestinians didn't go far enough back in history to be educated on the original owners. Regardless, the land has been faught over for thousands of years, being besieged, taken, and retaken back and forth. The original owners were Greek Phoenicians, a semite people who no longer exist, and the Romans took it and called it Palestine. So either way, there is no rightful owner. The answer is that they live together in peace and stop the violence.