Stink on my dog

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MNpurple, Jul 24, 2014.

1. MNpurple

MNpurple Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This week something has been tearing down our bird feeders and digging the heck out of the mulch in our landscaping. Two nights in a row I've let the dog out around 10:30 to find raccoon at the feeders, the dog has a good time chasing them off. Third night in a row I let the dog, she knows the routine, time to chase the coon.................its not a coon tonight and she takes a direct hit of skunk spray in the face.

I've used a mix of peroxide, baking soda and dish soap with good success getting rid of the skunk stink....but a hit in the face makes that peroxide pretty painful for the dog when it hits the eyes. Theres lots of stuff on the market with mixed reviews....got any good home remedies?

Tomorrow night we will repeat the procedure.............but this time it will be me with a shotgun.

2. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Time... Skunk smell is tough to take but it will lessen. There are many remedies on Google.

I caught a Tom cat in a trap once and put it inside my Blazer to haul it across the river and it sprayed the inside of my truck. I didn't know cats sprayed but oh', did I get a lesson. To top it off, the stupid cat was back the next day.

3. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard tomato juice works well, I haven't dealt with this in 20 years though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I once had a dog that would not leave skunks alone. Got sprayed three different occasions. Only time worked for me.....