Kendall Jones

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Skywalker, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For people that are supposedly more enlightened and tolerant, the liberals sure are a vicious bunch of predators. I can't believe some of the things people are saying to and about Kendall Jones. If your not aware of her, she's a 19 year old girl that loves to hunt and had traveled to Africa a couple times to hunt big game animals. She's not backing down either. I'm pretty impressed by her strength and attitude.

It just amazes me how much hate these people are spewing out, and it's not just social media. Media outlets are piling on too.

I personally find her very intelligent and savvy. She has a goal, and is putting together a pretty solid plan of reaching that goal by building her brand by gaining name recognition and controversy. Pretty damn smart if you ask me.

The many sins of ?African wildlife-hunting cheerleader? Kendall Jones - The Washington Post

African wildlife-hunting cheerleader Kendall Jones targeted by critics | Fox News

https://www.facebook.com/kendalltakeswild

2. Rachel Grayless

Rachel Grayless Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have you noticed that they seem to be the most vicious with female hunters lately? And they've resorted to name calling and threats instead of trying to pose a legitimate argument. Just goes to show the ignorance of the attackers.

3. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

What about Eva Shockey? She's a female hunter and it seems like people love her. I guess it's the whole endangered species thing what pushed people over the edge. I admire Kendall and I'm happy for her she is stronger than all of this. My guess is that a lot of people are just jealous she is doing what she loves and is a pretty girl on top of that.

4. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I suspect this might be the case also. A lot of people that have no issues with hunting in general may have issues killing charismatic megafauna like leopards, Lions, Rhinos, Hippos & elephants for sport.

I'm glad she's a hunter, is promoting the sport for young people and has had the opportunity to kill (or at least pose with) all the creatures she has... but I personally wouldn't kill beasts like this for sport.

5. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah , tolerance until it differs from their POV.
    She's hanging tough and ain't backing down.
    And I'm glad she's not, so sick of people apoligizing for crap that doesn't warrant or deserve one. All because someone feels they're"offended"
    Most of the time it's all these #'s and tweets that are the most offended yet they rarely do anything of any substance about what their "offended" about.
    Why? Because they're lazy and doing something most often requires getting off your rectal protective device and actually DOING something.

End rant, f*ckem and feed'em fish heads.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  6. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't believe she's ever hunted anything on the endangered species list, threatened perhaps but those hunts had a specific culling goal in mind when pursued.

7. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    People don't understand that there can be more than one species within a species, especially the ones hating on Kendall Jones. I have made it a point to get under these peoples skin on Facebook as best I can. Truly sick knowing people would rather have her killed then a trouble elephant or Lion.

8. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I certainly didn't mean to imply that she had killed an 'endangered species,'

The general public's perception of an endangered species and their actual listing and protection afforded via CITES are incongruent. And even if listed, their actual protection is voluntary by member states.

for all I know she didn't even kill those potentially controversial (to the general public) beasts, just posed with them as a hunting party member.

9. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The thing that's most disturbing is that liberals don't make a peep when one of their own films her own abortion yet they cry and name call when someone kills an animal. Kendall said that most of the big exotic animals that's she's hunted were either related to conservation or for feeding the local village. They push their POV and tout tollernace at the same time, they're backed by an ideology plain and simple. They couldn't make a rash argument if they tried.

EDIT: I just want to add, I'm against abortion and I know some are ok with it. I'm not making this about abortion, I was simply using it to show how they contradict themselves since they hold animal life higher than human life, which I guess I will never understand. It just seems like a total misalignment of morals, but then again I don't take to social media to name call people who film their own abortion.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  10. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    people have nothing better to do than to tear other people down.

it's crazy.

11. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's easier to burn a village than it is to build one.

12. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The hunters that go on safari in many ways are humanitarians. Their game feeds the local villagers and the money for the hunt and tags goes into the local economy and game management. Just like here, conservation and hunters are the best thing wildlife has going for it because no one care more for the animals than the people that love to hunt them and manage them.

The A-holes that are slamming her are a bunch of sissy city pansies that would die inside a week if the stuff hit the fan and the local grocery stores closed. They are ignorant beyond description, I wish to heaven that the jackwagons could learn some hard earned humility.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly, these people just blow my mind. I can't believe how much hatred they are spewing out, yet want you to think they are some sort of enlightened soul. Most of them will gladly order a steak, but think killing an animal is terrible. They say those cows are bred for meat. Just because they are bred for meat, does that make their life worth less than the life of a deer or any other animal? The hypocrisy is just amazing.

Somehow I think Kendall Jones is pulling a page right from Phil Robertson. Get the opposition in such an uproar that the hunting community comes in to her defense. All while building followers and supporters to build her brand. Honestly, it's brilliant if that is what she is trying to accomplish.

14. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    But if we show all these people we can spell and use proper grammar or we feel bad for killing a animal they won't be so harsh toward hunting.

As for this young lady I think it's a little ridiculous the way she has been portrayed. Actually not really considering the media these days. Everyone is crying about the rhino which she didn't even kill, was tranqualized, or trying to say the meat doesn't get donated because nobody eats those animals. It's funny how someone from here tries to say how it is in a 3rd world county. I would venture to say they don't care where the meat comes from as long as it's meat. Hell you go to European countries and it's not out of the ordinary to eat horse meat. Now imagine if that happen here, we can't even use horse meat in dog food anymore.

But in all actuality all they are doin is making her a bigger draw and helping her make a name for herself.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

15. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  16. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea they're all gone off her page, saw some story this morning that had a link to it to show they were gone.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Kendall has a publicist and an upcoming TV show to promote her team is as guilty as the antis for the reaction to her trip, the antis are on her and her team is using it to their advantage it is all manufactured.

18. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    People are ignorant, and it shows within most of their replies. Had some of them read her actual postings they would know she didn't kill every animal (such as the rhino, which was just tranquilized), and those that were actually need their numbers regulated for the wellness of their species and the biome.

19. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  20. Invisible man

Invisible man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Facebook leads to trouble. she shoulda put it up on here. Some one should invite her to join us.