Strangest injury I've ever had

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Jun 30, 2014.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So.. I've been through about every injury known to mankind. Concussions, breaks, ligaments, tendons, cuts, bruises, ankles, knees, back, groin, etc....... I did something to my shoulder the other day and have no idea what/why or how. I was talking on the phone and this horrific pain hit me in the shoulder. Wasnt even in the arm I had my phone in lol. I just turned around while talking and my left shoulder felt like I was struck by lightning. It was in the afternoon and I wasn't even doing anything physical on the course that day at all. I simply turned around while talking and WHAM! Since then I can hardly move without feeling it. Sleep on my back and if I move at all or roll over I wake up yelping like a wounded animal. Cant for the life of me figure out what possibly could have happened. Feels deep inside it like muscle/nerve? WTH? This is what it's like to get old?

2. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am experiencing a similar pain in my neck, out of nowhere it is in constant pain. It hurts just to hold my head up. It Definitely sucks getting old.

3. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its voodoo, find who has the doll, and the pin.

4. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No,no it gets Much worse as you age.

5. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you pinched a nerve. Could go away in 10 minutes or last weeks.

6. matlocc

matlocc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Pinched nerve for sure. I have been battling 3 in my neck. Left arm went numb, felt like red hot marbles under my shoulder blade. Did the ER twice, chiropractor a bunch and family doc 2 times.
    Good luck, after 2 months, tons of pain meds, muscle relaxers, etc... i get to got to a neurologist. NEXT MONTH!!!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    see a chiropractor. I used to think they were witch doctors, but I finally gave in and got a free adjustment from my wife's friend who is a chiropractor. I wasn't experiencing back pain per say, just a lot of knotted muscles and random aches and pains I attributed to age.

After the adjustment, I felt better than I had in years. My blood pressure lowered, I had more energy, aches and pains were gone, I slept better and harder than I had in God knows how long, it was amazing. In fact, just writing this I am realizing I need another one. Basically, over time your body slouches and gets lazy, then muscles begin to over compensate for that, and you end up all out of kilter. Sitting at a desk or in your car over long periods of time really is not healthy in the long run. Sometimes you have to have a pro get your body back in alignment.

I'm no doctor, but I really believe that everyone over 30 should get an adjustment 1-2 times per year. Be amazed how much better you feel for weeks after.

8. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In college it hurt to pee a couple of times.