Now This is a Disgrace to the Flag

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by 130Woodman, Jun 18, 2014.

1. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I almost threw up when I saw this. It reminds me of Hitler.

[​IMG]

2. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    American flag with President Obama's image sparks outrage at Florida Democrats | Fox News

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/photos/flag.asp

Interesting eh? I guess if you don't make it into a full flag, it could technically not be a standard US Flag, and instead an "inspired flag".

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  3. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You people get upset entirely too much over this stuff.

4. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The instances I saw towards the end of the other thread didn't bother me at all, but this absolutely pisses me off, as it should any American with the slightest level of patriotism still left in them.

I've stood at attention so many times proudly saluting our flag while it was being raised during morning "colors" with The Star Spangled Banner blasting over the base or ship speakers. I still get "goosebumps" when I hear our national anthem played tastefully and not butchered by some showboat, "hey look at me" pop singer.

It's profoundly insulting to me to see the face of someone who is dealing so much damage to this country plastered on the flag of The United States of America.

To me this is an embarrasment to our country, and in my opinion, if this doesn't bother you then you are a part of what's wrong with this country.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  5. 130Woodman

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe more people should get upset over stuff like this. The fact he refuse to wear the flag pin or address the American Flag during the National Anthem, should get a lot more people upset then it does. I don't get what people see in this guy I really don't

6. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would have a problem if this was flying over a government building or property.

But this was just some unofficial flag over some local Democratic parties office. More than likely they did it just to gather attention, and it worked.

This kinda stuff doesn't bother me, nor should it bother anyone else.

7. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I Google imaged "President Obama" and literally every picture of him shows him wearing the flag pin...?

8. 130Woodman

Dislikes Received:
    He refused to wear it in the beginning of his first term. There was an uproar over it and he started wearing one. I should have said "refused"

9. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Even if that is true and I doubt it is, what does it have to do with this flag? Do you think Obama had this flag made?

10. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He would probably allow our kids to pledge their allegiance to THAT flag in our schools.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

11. 130Woodman

Dislikes Received:
    No I don't think he had the flag made but I think he enjoys it. He is an arrogant prick. I'll find the story later about the pin.

12. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would imagine most Presidents are quite arrogant. It takes a bit of arrogance to gain that type of success.

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You do realize that snopes is referencing FLORIDA statute which would be clearly trumped buy The Federal Flag code.

You also do realize the Snopes.com is an extremely left leaning website that loves to twist the truth just as much as those with the opposite view????

I'm sure you cannot see this post since you have chosen to put me on ignore, but I can't sit here and let you quote inaccurate information since you love to tell everyone else their information is wrong or skewed.

14. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Hooker, simple question. Do you believe Obama is doing what's best for America?

15. uncljohn

uncljohn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  16. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Of course not :lol:

I just find some of the criticisms/hate towards him to be quite silly. Obama had nothing to do with the flag in question. It was made by a private company in China and put up by some small local Democratic reps. Yet people are trying to blame Obama for this? :lol:

17. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
  18. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    I certainly don't blame Obama for that flag. I do blame the lemmings that have been brainwashed into thinking his vision is what's best for America.

I think the issue is the fact that this is really the first President that conservative don't at least feel like has the best interest of the United States at heart. Conservatives hated Clinton for many reasons, but had no reason to believe he wasn't at least a patriot. I don't believe the same can be said for Obama.

19. Scooter135

Scooter135 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Serving now over 13 years in the service, it is sad to see a flag like that. The flag is a symbol of our country not 1 person. To see it used as a running tool or propaganda is very disgraceful. I don't serve the prez I serve the 367 million people in the country. This stuff is all conditioning, the more and more people accept things the more acceptable it becomes. We(america) have been being programmed for years. Look at what Nixon was impeached for just as an example. No one died. Now look at the current administration. Ambassadors die, marines jail in foreign neighboring country's, American Christians die in foreign lands, and now we negotiate with terrorists. It's amazing how we have been conditioned to just accept all of this and hold no one accountable... The flag is, in my opinion, just a small conditioning tool to have us accept us change what we view as historical, meaningful and honorable in the hopes of us letting it happen in the future and us not care. This is all just my .02c

20. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    That was a disgrace too. I hadn't seen that before and I would have said it was a disgrace had I seen it. Still, if I absolutely HAD to choose the lesser of two evils, I'd take the beer mug over the criminal EVERY time.