Just a part of the Easter story

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by pastorjim08, Apr 20, 2014.

1. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As we are in the Easter season and I have been thinking of the crucifixion and the resurrection, my focus seems to be on the temple veil. The veil was a curtain that separated the Holy of Holies from the rest of the temple. The Holy of Holies was a place that ONLY the high priest could enter into once a year to offer a sacrifice for the sins of the people. Scholars describe the veil as being 60ft high by 30ft wide and 4in thick. It was so heavy that it took 300 people to move it. Yet the scripture says that at the moment Jesus died, the veil was torn in half from top to bottom. This event opened the way for us to meet God face to face and at any time. Jesus made a way for you and I to come to God just as we are, no pretense, no cleaning up, but just as we are with all are hang-ups and baggage. Thank you Jesus. Oh what a Savior!

Blessings........Pastorjim

2. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There sure is something about God's people praising Him together on one day ...the nay sayers do not know what they are missing out on :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My sermon was about sharing His impact with others. Remember His words to the women at the tomb... Go and tell the others!