A funny thing happened on the way home from Wa-Mart

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by VA Bowbender, Apr 12, 2014.

1. VA Bowbender

VA Bowbender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I missed an opportunity today. As I was coming home from Wally-World I saw a squirrel running back and forth in the street with its head stuck in a Reese's Butter Cup wrapper. I SHOULD HAVE HAD MY IPHONE CAMERA ON. It obviously couldn't see. I pulled the truck over and was able to walk right up on it. NOW I was thinking how do I get this off it without getting bitten? First I figured I'll step on its tail and hold it still...NOPE THAT DIDNT WORK! It just jumped away but ran right back toward me, lol. Next I walked right up next to it, reached down and VERY QUICKLY snatched the wrapper from its head. The poor thing jumped about 3 feet in the air, did a back flip and hauled *** like a streak of blue lightning. Again I wish I had thought to have my camera going. Hind sight is always 20/20.
    My good deed for the day.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    Bows, Broadheads and Backstraps

2. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    One time I was driving to go do some afternoon bow hunting and I was at an intersection in the middle of the country and there was a turtle in the middle of the intersection so I got out and carried it to a nearby field. I thought it was strange that there was this turtle really nowhere near water. That was the second time I saved a turtle from traffic. Maybe growing up watching the ninja turtles has something to do with it.

3. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very funny!

4. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy saw a good sized turtle get run over by a semi and it's shell didn't even crack. Amazing animals.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Too Funny!