B1G thoughts, James Franklin and PSU

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Apr 8, 2014.

1. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have read up on James Franklin and he seems to be a good dude. What he did at Vandy is very impressive considering the recruiting limitations they have due to the universities academic structure.

He seems to be the real deal and is bringing in some nice talent, No one truly considered elite yet, but very good talent. It's a waiting game to see how his staff develops these kids. Will be fun to watch over the next couple years.

The Eastern division is going to be fantastic going into the future with the way Dantiono has coached up and developed lesser talent in the past but is now able to recruit better due to on the field success. Sparty is becoming the number one destination in Michigan.

Michigan is still a sleeping giant... They have tons of potential as they have recruited well but the UM coaching staff just isn't developing the offense up there. Seems they can't get out of their own way. The only game all season they seemed to get amped for was against the Buckeyes. If they brought that intensity every Saturday they could have had a good season last year.

tOSU has recruited well for a long time and is rebuilding their whole D scheme now and it has looked good this spring.

Can't wait for Division play this fall!

As for the West... Wisconsin should roll the Western division with another 10 win season.

Your thoughts? Discuss...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't really had time to look at anything outside of Penn State to be honest.

I really like Franklin though. I love the fact that he's from PA too. I hope the "Paterno People" let him do what he needs to rebuild this program and hopefully they learned from O'Briens exit and statements. Vandy went 24-15 with Franklin coaching, I hope he can bring that culture to Penn State and also rebuild the recruiting power the school once had.

I hope he sticks around for a while........based on his exit from Vandy, if he leaves Penn State in the next couple of years it's going to be messy.

3. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He claims that PSU is his dream job. To me he seems to be a college coach and not a pro coach the way he relates to kids. Time will tell if he has success how he handles it. The recruits love him though, he is cleaning house for 2015.

4. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have not looked into much yet this year. If we can get our QB situation fixed we will be tough.

5. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be happy if the Hoosiers defense can make a slight improvement. Their offense should still be solid, so if the D can't get a couple more stops a game they should go bowling.

6. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I thought they would make a bowl last preseason. I predicted it here but I was wrong. I thought their offense would carry them to a bowl.

7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Coach Hoke called me I have 4 years of eligibility left and unlike our current OL, I can at least stand in front of someone and slow them down.

Horrid is all I can say about our O-line, overrated comes to mind also.

8. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I predicted they would suck again, this year they well suck again, year after that Indiana will suck again.

Now their Soccer program rocks!!!!

9. michaelp

michaelp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think Michigan has Alabama's old offensive cord!!!!! I know Germ loves that fact, and I almost wish they would immediately win a NC so I could spin it to benefit Saint Nick.

10. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think Franklin is good people, I honestly despise PSU...but I think they made a good hire.