A rant for my kid thread.....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Swamp Stalker, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ok I am absolutely red lining right now....my 13 year old son is obsessed OBSESSED with classic cars and muscle cars. he and my father in law have been going to car shows, car cruises, friends with cars houses for years, since he could walk because he's into cars too. my son has been doing odd jobs around the house for money and saving all his Christmas/birthday money for the past 3 years, hasn't bought himself anything. he has a thousand dollars saved up and we told him if he saves a thousand, we would chip in the rest for a classic/muscle car fixer up project. a few weeks back my father in law came in contact of a junkyard/salvage yard owner and brought my grandson in there to meet him, the guy loved my son right off the bat, because the kid knows cars...like rainman...he doesn't miss a beat! so of course my son was drawn to a 71 dodge super bee. original engine transmission, a little rot here and there, but a perfect fixer up for the kid and my father in law. the guy said well this one was mine, I don't need to sell it, I don't need money, its not about the money. he looked at my son and said, ya know what? I think this is the perfect car for your son, I know he will respect it, finish it, and cherish it, so it's yours for $2200.....my father in law shook hands with the guy and my son on the deal, my kid has been on cloud nine for the past week. yesterday was the day of getting the car and paying the guy. my FIL went to the junkyard and the guy wasn't there, so he called him. the guy said, ya sorry I changed my mind.....WTF?!!!!!! are you kidding me? this was for a friggen KID...you looked my FIL and MY SON in the eye and shook hands on the deal..i guess my FIL lost it on the guy saying the same thing, its for a kid, who will respect it, cherish it and always take care of it. the guy said, any other car you want you can, I got chargers challengers...im sorry.
    what a kick in the sack, I almost wanted to cry when my FIL told my son yesterday, my heart was breaking for the kid. BUT he took it like a champ, opened up the laptop and started looking for cars for sale.

to go back on a deal with another man...it sucks, shady, but it happens.......

YOU DON'T BACK OUT ON A DEAL WITH A 13yr OLD KID!!!!

2. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks, I'd definitely not buy anything from him.

3. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Some people are just garbage. Where I come from a mans word is everything. If hes willing to go back on his word with a kid, then hes not some one worth dealing with.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's blows, but I guess it's a good lesson got him to learn. Doesn't make it any easier though. What a chump. :throw:

5. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That blows.
    Next week I have a true numbers match 440 six pack engine going on the engine dyno time to see what a factory mopar really makes.

6. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ThAT guy is a loser.

7. ryanf

ryanf Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Goes to show a hand shake ain't what it used to be. Hope he finds a better car to fix up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man I really feel for your son, I went through a similar experience when I was 11 except it was with a puppy. My brother (14 at the time) and I found a black lab puppy at the pet store that we loved and wanted it really bad after I previous dog died a few months earlier.There was another lady who was also thinking about getting the puppy. After a few minutes of conversation, she decided to let my brother and I get the dog instead, looked me dead in the eye and said "you take good care of him now". My mom went to the bank to get the money for the dog and while she was on her way back, the lady whips out her wallet and buys the dog. My parents couldn't believe it and neither could we. Its a shame that there are some people who would do things like that.

9. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Joe, so sorry to hear this! Your boy sounds like one awesome young man! You done good!

I am betting God has something better for him and that idiot will get what's coming to him…

10. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing makes me feel worse than when my wife or kids have their heart broken, so I know what you are going through right now. Sorry man. Maybe it was for a reason......

11. alexjoelslaydon

alexjoelslaydon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    who has the heart to do that. The guy saved all of his $ and then gets told he cant have the car. Now THAT is sore

12. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the support guys! My wife and I are firm believers that everything happens for a reason, what the reason is, we may never know why. I was explaining this to my son today when we were working in the field. He seemed to understand but I can still see the hurt and disappointment in his eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. John Galt

John Galt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What comes around, goes around.
    Your son sounds like he's taking it in stride, good for him, and a great lesson learned.

With some luck he will find a classic Chevelle, that's what karmas all about! :)

14. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That really sucks. Sounds like your son has a good head on his shoulders. I'm sure he'll find a better fixer and he'll make it look real good too.

Probably sent from a boring lecture using Tapatalk

15. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sad that a handshake means nothing to some people anymore.....i was taught that your word is all you have in this world...glad to hear ure boy has his head up...he will find something I'm sure.....awesome he's into that kind of thing that early

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2