Girls looking older than their age these days

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by BJE80, Mar 20, 2014.

1. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm trying not to sound like a pervert here so bear with me.

IMO girls, say in high school, look much older than their age these days. In some cases, Middle school girls look like high school girls and high school girls look like college girls. For example, our family visited an indoor waterpark/resort a couple of weeks ago. So yeah, there were some attractive "women" there. However, a couple of times I thought to myself, wow nice looking early 20's coed and then they turned around where I could see their face and I was embarrassed for myself.

Even with clothes on girls just look much more mature and older these days. I'm not the only one to think this as my friends and some co-workers have been talking about this.

I looked back in my highschool yearbook and I compared what girls back in the mid 90's (I graduated in '95) looked like compared to today. Very different.

Do girls just dress differently where it makes them look older and more mature?
    Do girls have more or different make-up that makes them look older and more mature?
    Is something changing anatomy wise that makes them look older and more mature?
    Am I just an old man now and don't know any better?
    Other factors?

2. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's all dem der sturoids in dem chikens!

But no really it is just the way they dress and more makeup. It's those damn push up bras.

3. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  4. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Do they have "push up" bras in swimsuits? Or did girls back then not wear the swimsuits they do now? I ask because I get the whole make up and clothes thing. But I've noticed a difference at a waterpark where it is hard to hide things.

5. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My mom says birth control pills are to blame.

6. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Having a daughter this thread scares me, but I have always found this pic below humorous and useful idea.

[​IMG]

7. cr422

cr422 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your mom is right. The hormones in the pill cause an enhancement of certain body parts, just like pregnancy does. You don't really notice the girls who aren't on the pill. Or at least you shouldn't be noticing them.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know, but they are maturing way faster in my opinion. My 10 year old daughter has already started that lovely process. (scares me to death). 10 years old is way to young for that(father speaking). I just don't remember the girls developing that early when I was younger. There are girls on the 6th grade basketball team that my daughter plays with that look like women. They have the curves and everything.

9. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Let's not forget older women dressing younger. They're all messing with us :busted:

10. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think it's the new healthy culture girls are growing up in now days where you have to look a certain way to be accepted by your their peers..

[​IMG]

11. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Kylie Jenner is a prime example of this. Looks a lot older, only to find out she is 16 years old.

12. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Excatly. It is more than just clothes and make-up IMO. Even though those are factors as well.

13. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Personally I think it is all the genetically modified food that they consume. Foods loaded with hormones and steroids. It is in nearly everything you get. Whether eating in a restaurant, at school, fast food or the groceries people buy. If it makes the breasts and thighs bigger on a chicken...then it will do the same on a human. Yeah the way they dress too is more revealing, but that is negligible. People no longer grow their food own food like many did in years past. The vast majority of what kids eat comes from a box/package(with High Fructose Corn Syrup in all most all of it) and is pre-processed. Heat and Eat. That is why their breasts are bigger, legs are bigger, butts are bigger and so on. Think about it; we didn't have a lot of overweight schoolmates. There were a handful, but go to a high school now and they are everywhere. P.E. used to be mandatory for many years in school. I don't think it is even enforced now. Just my .02!

14. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No clue why but agree...have been saying it for years. I remember a good example was my graduation day, I went to visit a middle school teacher that was a good influence. I was walking down the hall and got caught up checking out a girl, forgetting where I was, when I felt the hand across the back of my head. Was the teacher I was going to visit, who had to remind me where I was. Was crazy embarrassing.

15. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Girls are hotter these days even in the face... It's not just having developed breasts.

Birth Control, Make Up, and clothing are the three biggest factors IMO.

Or maybe our culture is subconsciously weeding out ugly people by never mating with them.... :lol:

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately that's not the case.

[​IMG]

17. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Then where do all the people at Wal-Mart come from?

18. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    there it is

I knew it was coming

19. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    totally agree.
    Funny, this past weekened at my parents house this same conversation was brought up. my mom is a retired elementary school nurse. she had the same job for 25 years and said it's definitely the hormones in food, they learned about it at a convention. and she said there was a noticeable difference from when she first started till she retired last year.

20. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Y'all realize the chickens, turkeys, etc being larger is from selective breeding, not hormones/steroids, right?