Any air gun shooters/hunters?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by cmonsta, Mar 18, 2014.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So many cool air guns out these days. Anyone here use one for fun or hunting/pest control? What one? Likes/dislikes? Thanks for sharing!

2. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the umarex air rifle. It shoots like 1200 fps and is a tack driver. I really like it however the breakin period is pretty long and hard to cock. It is quite a bit louder than I figured it would be but I really like how it shoots.

3. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I saw some guys on advantage outdoors shooting a .357 air rifle the other day in a video. Said it shot the .357 round at 800+fps and they were hammering deer out to 100 yards with it. I think it was a crossman rogue (?). I looked for them online but they must have stopped making them because no one had any in stock. I heard they were coming out with a new model that is similar late this year or early next year....rumor has it.

I have a little cheapy crossman but it sucks, I think it shoots bbs or pellets .177 cal but it's erradic as all get out.

4. bordious

bordious Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am actually saving money to buy one soon. My friend is an avid air gun hunter, he has a pretty good collection of PCP air rifles. He primarily uses Evanix Rainstorms, I have shot them a few times and they are dead on accurate. I believe you can legally suppress them as well because they are powered by air and not gunpowder, but I could be wrong about that. The really nice thing about them is that the pellets are cheap, 200 for $10, and you don't have to clean your guns because there is no gunpowder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the gamo big cat 1200. Very accurate at 25 yds. Like hitting quarters at that distance with a rest. I take out squirrels and coons as needed.

6. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wish they were legal for hunting here. I'd probably have a nice one to use for squirrels.

7. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like to use my Crosman just for plinking in the back yard. Keeps me in form.

8. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Gamo Whisper. I haven't done much with it yet but will be once camping season starts. I have quite a few crows to eliminate.