Kansas City Chiefs

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by NY Bowhunter, Nov 17, 2013.

1. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why no love for them? I feel like they are still disrespected. I have absolutely no like or dislike for them... just an observation. All I've heard for the last 9 weeks is their weak schedule and havent' been tested yet. That may be partially true, but the dudes are 9-0. And this is the NFL! Not like they've been playing a D3 college football schedule. They may not do it with flash and glamour or big household superstar names. But come on man 9-0 aint no fluke. If it were the Patriots, Packers or some other elite big name team they would be half crowning them the greatest team in NFL history and will run the tables. Toughest test of the year against the Broncos today, but come on man.... give them their earned credit.

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha, the Cheifs never get any respect but they get plenty of bad calls and in years past, in spite of having bad records the previous season...generally get the toughest effing schedule in the NFL. It's about time they got some fat pitches thrown their way and they have capitalized on it. Winning in the league is no small feat to reach 9-0 no matter the schedule.

Will they win today....I doubt it....I'll be surprised as all get out if they don't get completely stomped but we'll see. The Chiefs have surprised me all year, maybe today will be another pleasant surprise. Could be the game of the year for either team.

3. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Totally agree with that. Andy Reid also deserves a ton of credit for their success, if for nothing else his aggressive pursuit of Alex Smith.

I wonder if all the Eagles fans who wanted (and got) Andy Reid fired are doubting it was his fault for their lack of success now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Obviously they haven't faced a team as good as the Bronco's, but like you said, 9-0 is 9-0. I think I heard a stat like there have been only 30 something 9-0 teams in the history of the NFL. They have played the schedule they were given, and to be honest it didn't look easy before the season started. I think the main reason they don't get the love is because they are a defense first team. Every decision they make takes into consideration the belief and trust in their defense. They are willing to punt the ball away and trust that the defense will make a play. So far this season, the defense has come through every single game. One of the most irritating things about being a Chiefs fans is to hear about how great Peyton Manning and the Bronco's offense is. Well, they haven't played a defense like the Chiefs. Our defense has been as equally dominant as the Bronco's offense. Playing in Denver is always tough, so I won't be surprised if the Chiefs get knocked off tonight, but they have a better than average chance because the defense can match up with the Broncos playmakers. Denver is one play away from being a below average team if Peyton goes down. I'm hoping our defense can knock Peyton off his spot, hurry him and hit him. If we can do that, he becomes a much more ordinary quarterback.

Let's go CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!

5. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Because they suck.

They beat crap *** teams.

One and done.

6. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    broncos2.jpg
    That is all. Carry on.

7. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    ....thats what i thought. Couldnt hang with a real NFL team.

8. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ROFL!!!!! Spoken like a true homer :busted:

9. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, so which one of your teams would beat Denver in Denver? It's one of, if not the toughest place to play in the NFL. Let's hold judgement until they come to KC. If they can beat us at home, I'll tip my cap to them.

10. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Define, "homer"?

11. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Homer.... blind to your team.. kinda like me and the Buffalo Bills.... they are going to the playoffs this year yaknow..... :D

12. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Ah...got ya. I can't defend the Chiefs play last night...they just sucked. They have really had a lot of trouble the last few games...I pretty much knew they would get stomped at Denver.

13. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Our offense needs to get a lot better, but we held the donkeys to their lowest point total of the season. If our offense could just help the defense by controlling the ball, they might have pulled it off. That fumble at the Denver 18 was a killer, and Demps was a millisecond away from a pick 6. If we make those plays, it could have been a different outcome.

14. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    If Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, Jermicheal Finley, Brian Bulaga Morgan Burnett, Casey Hayword and Randall Cobb don't get injured...im 10-0.

But they did.

15. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Too bad you can't back that up. I would say they would have about a 25% chance of winning in Denver. It's a really tough place to play. One of the toughest due to the altitude.

16. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    From top to bottom we can compete with Denver (when healthy). Right now...we are scrubs. Bottom feeders.

I forgot Nick Perry and Sam Shields. Hell...if the refs would have got the call right in Seattle last year...we woulda had home field advantage and beaten the 49ers ;)

The facts are...the game was played. Denver came out on top. Next contestant.

17. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    You might be able to compete with Denver, just saying you probably not beating them in Denver. We only have to wait two weeks for the rematch, we'll see what happens. Again, if they beat us, then I'll tip the cap and admit they are a better team. If we beat them, well then I guess we're just similarly good teams.

18. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously?

19. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    After not being blown out by the Broncos, I now give them the credit I think they deserve. I think that game was the defining factor considering their first 9 games were against all losing record teams. I needed to see what they could do against an actual playoff contender.

20. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds ridiculous doesnt it ;)

Thats my point.