Bow hunter i need your help

Discussion in 'WANTED' started by LoneWolf1, Aug 30, 2013.

1. LoneWolf1

LoneWolf1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    First of all!!!!!!!!!I doing this in hopes that someone can and will help!!!!!!
    I have to be up front and honest...Next I have to tell you a little about myself and I know that there are other worst then me and I help where I can...
    I'm 62 and I enjoy the outdoors...The only way I have to get around is my bicycles and one have a homemade trailer because I went and ask for counseling and could not handle bill we also ask the state to help and now we have a payee me I'm on S.S. My gets SSD and we only get $60.00 a week to buy personal need and cleaning & washing supplies and paying for a dryer...
    Because I went for help I am now BLACK BALL from ALL FIRE ARMS...
    OK now!!! I'm asking you BOW HUNTER to look around for that old BOW you have laying around clean it up and in see if it's in good shape, I'm looking for a COMPOUND BOW that is no more then 10 yrs old or newer...My draw length is 28 inches, RH Bow hopefully it will come with sights on it....It would be nice if it have couple of arrow to but that might be ask to much....But maybe some out may have some arrow...
    Yes I was given a BOW by a friend that found it a yard sale it is a Darton SL-50 after doing a little research I found that it's over 30 yrs old...As for being safe I don't know for sure being made in the 1980 I question that...I will appreciate it and thank you all know...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great 2nd post. Its a shame that people get in a site like this one and try to scam generous people.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

3. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am confused as to why he is black balled from all firearms, because he got help? Also a large amount of spelling and grammatical errors which is indicative of a scam.

4. redz

redz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Smells fishy! Like you said, his English is terrible, but somehow he knows how to use the caps lock for specific words and phrases. Makes me wonder if it was sent from abroad. Definitely not kosher!

5. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It does seem a little fishy but, I can tell you from experience, you can't always judge by grammatical and spelling errors. You should see some of the emails that fly around work. They can be pretty bad.

Probably is a scam but, we shall see.

6. RackHunter

RackHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hold on a sec Ill send you my old Mathews z7 extreme :rolleyes:

7. illinoishunter13

illinoishunter13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    he started in October 2012 and has 2 posts???

8. JamesxCreedx

JamesxCreedx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hmm.....Im so confused.

9. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You know it seems legit from some angles, it's not like he is asking for money or top of the line bows. But maybe if he is a scammer he works off of selling low end bows and making a few bucks here and there. Im leaning more toward this not being a scam.

Still confused about being black balled from firearms. Definitely true about grammar and spelling, can't totally judge a person by that. Ive become worse and worse at spelling due to auto correct, spell check, and not reading books like I used to.

10. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sure reads and smells like a scam, matches up to those emails I've received about a long lost family member dying in Africa leaving me all kinds of money! LOL

11. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, If only would have read this a few days ago. I would have thought it was a scam then too.

Stop trying to prey upon the kindness of others.

12. Chef Nerd

Chef Nerd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ...and I am that guy who almost gave in, geesh! It does seem a little odd that he has not posted a rebuttal to these numerous comments. Glad I slept on it before sending him my old hoyt Vtec.

13. TeddyP

TeddyP Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hey you guys are give aways bows?? can i have one too :D

14. LoneWolf1

LoneWolf1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I sorry if you believe I trying to scam anyone and at my grammar is not to good...As for black ball its no longer legal for me to have or use fire arms because I have depress and under the Safe act here NY so I no longer can hunt with fire arms...

15. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As long as the strings aren't frayed and the cams don't wobble, I'm sure it's safe. Take it to your local archery shop. Explain your situation and ask them if they will look at the Darton and tell you if they believe it's safe. With only three posts on here, I don't think you should be asking anyone for a free bow.

Many of us remember the poor kid who just needed arrows, then he needed some camo because it got all ripped up. I'm not going to mention names, but I think this is the wrong way to go about trying to get free stuff.

16. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    WHAT!!! LIKE REALLY!!!

just when you think you've heard it all....Try the Good Will or classifieds in your home town brother, this here is the wrong place for what you are after, go visit your Pro Shop.

17. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Further..... If you have depression and can no longer have a firearm due to the imposed "SAFE ACT" you do not need a bow either. I want you to get some help and find the nearest bible teaching church you can attend and get involved there. You just might recover, get undepressed and regain your abilities. Good Luck to you.

18. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dont trust you.

19. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I know this is an old thread and he very well may have been dishonest, but the SAFE act and several other similar bills are systematically disarming many people, some of whom possibly need it but regardless is inflicting collateral damage to otherwise stable people who may have sought help to get through a tough time. Specifically vets who experience/are diagnosed with PTSD are very vulnerable to having their 2nd Amendment rights revoked without any recourse whatsoever by these types of policies.

As far as not "needing a bow" after being diagnosed w/ depression, these people are not banned from having knives, or baseball bats, or hammers; and which do you think would be more likely to be used to harm self or others? And can you think of anything more calming or therapeutic than sitting 20' up in a tree, surrounded by God's creations in their natural state?