My first self-filmed hunt and edit

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by TheHardWoods913, Oct 14, 2014.

1. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here is my first video ever that I put together of my doe kill from this past weekend. Boy is editing is very hard and time consuming, but I am hopping I will only get better with time and the more I start doing it. Felt really good for this all to come together and to actually finalize it and have it all come together in post. I'm looking to improve and always get better also, so please if you want to share some constructive criticism please do, I appreciate it! Thanks so much!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Hey you did good I enjoyed watching it! I like the self filmed vids more than I do with a camera man, I know how hard it is to get it all done solo. congrats on the slick!!!

3. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks so much, Dan! Means a lot coming from you!

4. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    nice work! I liked it. It is definitely challenging. Do you have an external mic? or a wireless mic setup? Couldnt hear that well prolly cuz of the rain.

5. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    I do, I run an Audio Technca Shotgun Mic and I have an Audio Technica Wireless Lav Mic. Unfortunately that day I forgot the wireless lav mic at the house on accident because I was rushing out in the morning to the woods! Also, didn't know how to adjust the volume controls in post when I was editing, I have played around with it some more and now have that all figured out. Hopping this wont be an issue anymore. Thanks man!

6. Windwalker7

Windwalker7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No criticism here, that was very good. I really like how that music played into the scene, it came together very well.

7. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Would have liked to hear the shot of the bow going off. Other than that beautiful.

8. Melonhead1102

Melonhead1102 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I think it came together well. What software are you using for editing? I've been messing around more and more with video editing and my goal is to get to the point of doing some self filmed hunts as well. I've been using Lightworks editing software and have been pretty impressed with it.

9. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Work! I know the struggle of self filming! It will cause many pains and headaches but when it all comes together it's all that more rewording!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk