Issue with GoPro videos.

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Sticknstringarchery, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I shot a ton of footage this weekend getting things set up for opening day. I used my GoPro Hero 3 Black to shoot all the footage and see how it would come out. I'm also trying to get a little more aqua red with it before I go using it along with my video camera to film hunts this year. Well, all my videos choppy looking playing them back on my computer. They played great on my phone through the camera app earlier today. I'm at a loss and hope there is something I can do to fix it because I deleted it off the card after I uploaded like I always do. It's all the footage from this weekend.

Anyone else ever have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What are you playing it back with on the computer? What size and quality did you record with on the GoPro? What are the specs on the computer? Sounds to me like your computer doesn't have enough horsepower to handle the video quality. My laptop will do fine with anything up to 720p, but 1080 will give me fits. I would suggest putting the videos back on the card or on a flash drive and try playing them back on a different(more powerful) computer.

3. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like Skywalker said it's probably your computer. We had the same issues when doing aerial video attached to a drone.
    Also turning the mic of helped some as well.

4. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    I'll have to do that in the morning. We have a laptop that normally does pretty good with video but, I do believe this is the first 1080p I have tried to load in it and edit. I'll take it to work in the morning and run it. I'll see if there is any issues with the files them selves.

5. choppernut

choppernut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Another thing to think about is the memory card you are using. Is it a class 10 memory card? If not, you might want to look into a Class 10. The memory card saves the video much faster were as a Class 4 does save it as fast and that is where you get your chopping video from.

6. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have had the same issue in the past and it has always been the computer. Either processing speed, memory or video card. I just got my new laptop today and should never have any of those issues again!

7. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Skywalker hit it I think also Choppernut883 has a good recommendation in using a class 10 card. You can usually find them cheap on ebay.

Do you know the specs on your laptop? Processor, memory etc.

8. Windwalker7

Windwalker7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mine are choppy too. I just use the windows Movie maker editor then it plays just fine

9. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Not right off hand. It's about 4 years old now so it's more than due for a replacement. I'll probably buy a good desk top. My wife does a lot of photo editing so we need one anyways.