Free video editing (with a catch)

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by MistaWondaBread, Aug 12, 2014.

1. MistaWondaBread

MistaWondaBread Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone,
    It's that time of the year, everyone is getting ready for the start of the season. Hopefully, you've been practicing shooting your bow, and practicing with your camera.

I know I have, and I hope to get some awesome footage this year of some great kills. That being said, I need to work on my editing skills, I haven't been practicing much lately, and I don't have much footage to edit with, outside of my practice reel, which is lacking to say the least.

So I'm looking for some footage to edit. Preferable something in the field! It doesn't have to be a hunt.

The catch is this: I'm going to take your footage, edit it, and record everything I did, and post the walkthrough on youtube in hopes of helping you guys become better at editing.

I'll be using Adobe software, which for $50 a month, anyone can afford (you can only pay for the months you use it!).

I will go through my whole editing process, and also critique the footage. It will only be constructive, I promise that!

If you are interested, please PM me! Here is some of the footage I've edited!, it's right here

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Great idea man! Unfortunately I can't contribute, but I hope someone will. I have been editing on Sony Vegas for almost 5 years now and have been wanting to make the jump to Adobe but have been a bit intimidated. It will be fun to follow along. Keep us posted

3. MistaWondaBread

MistaWondaBread Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man you gotta make the switch! It's amazing. Seriously saved me so much time once I learned it. Also, they have a free key set that will use the shortcut keys from Vegas so you don't have to relearn the short cut keys

4. Windwalker7

Windwalker7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can send you some footage from last year. Its not the greatest but you are welcome to it. I posted my editing attempt on my youtube channel. It is of a muzzleloader kill.

I wish I had zoomed the camera in a little more for the shot.

Here is the link to the video I made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVUb0baxL80

I still have all the raw footage. If you want to try to mess around with it you are welcome