Wide Angle Lens

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by TheHardWoods913, Jul 23, 2014.

1. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Was just wondering if a 0.43x lens is a good option as far as a wide angle lens goes? I'd appreciate any input. Don't want there to be a big fish eye (bubble effect) look to my footage though. Any suggestions on different types of lenses, 52mm? Thanks!!!

2. MistaWondaBread

MistaWondaBread Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    50mm isn't very wide. I'd use a 20mm if possible. That will be a wide lens with no fisheye effect

3. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the feedback man! Since I do not know much about wide angle lenses...what I meant by 52mm is that my step-up ring is 52mm so I would need a lens that fits the ring...The one I was looking at was a 0.43x wide angle. Just was weary about purchasing because the last thing I want is to have a great big bubble effect.

4. MistaWondaBread

MistaWondaBread Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What camera do you have? I could do some looking into it for ya and find what you need. Could you link the lens you want to buy?

5. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been able to find much in a 52MM other than a cheap VIVITAR .043x lens...for as cheap as it is I might just give it a try. Not even so sure if I really "need" a wide angle lens so much. I am new to this all and this will be my first deer season solo filming. I put together a budget friendly beginner camera to see how it goes and when the time is right will def upgrade. I am using a Canon HFR400, i did a lens hood mod with a 52MM step up ring which is why I am looking for a 52MM lens. I also am running a Beachtek 2-1 Audio Adapter with an Audio Technica Shotgun Mic and Audi Technica Wireless Lav Mic.

My Rig 2.jpg