Hawk: Hunt Hard Camera Arm

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by tynimiller, Jan 14, 2016.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone have any experience with this thing? HUNT HARD

I don't expect it to be the best, but for the cost it seems too good to be true from the description and some of what I've seen said...but I'd like real person response?

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No experience with that exact one but I did use an older style Gorilla Tree arm that was similar in design. In my opinion, it would be find for stationary cameras or possibly if you had a camera man that could maintain constant contact with the camera, but I would think getting smooth fluid pans/tilts while self filming would be extremely difficult. I hate to say it but a tree arm is as important if not more than the camera for filming from a tree. Great footage is ruined by a bouncing camera or pans that aren't smooth. I know that's not what you want to hear but it's my honest experience. I have struggled to find an arm that I'm satisfied with. I started with a that Gorilla arm and quickly trashed it for the 3rd Arm Pro. That arm worked really well but must have weighted 10lbs and was bulky to carry in. I have a Muddy Pro arm that I'm not really happy with. It allows way too much bounce and I'm not really running that heavy of a camera setup. I have a custom arm made by Skip Enterprises and modified by me that I have been using lately. It's still not perfect but it does seem to give me far better footage than the Muddy arm.