Best Tripod for filming between $100 and $2000

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by doepatrol2000, Feb 1, 2016.

1. doepatrol2000

doepatrol2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking for the best and smoothest filming tripod between $100 and $200.

2. Ryan A

Ryan A Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly there are hundreds to choose from in that price range. Most tripods are built around the same design. Are you looking for one with a fluid head or just the tripod base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. doepatrol2000

doepatrol2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Should include a fluid head.

4. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Your thread title left a lot of room there in price. Anyhow I use a standard el'cheapo $50 tripod. I think it's Sampsonite and I've had it for about 7 years. (not sure of spelling) Anyway it's worked well in blinds and other areas on the ground. A little lube will loosen up a stiff ball if it sticks or squeaks. (oh and now that I read this again, let the jokes fly!)

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It really depends on what you are looking for. $200 typically won't get you anything of real quality, especially from an established name brand. If you are looking for a very sturdy tripod with a decent fluid head, something like this: Amazon.com : CowboyStudio 74" Pro Video Photo Aluminum Tripod Fluid Pan Head Kit with Handle and Case, FC270A (74inch) : Camera & Photo should do pretty well, but it's really heavy so portability isn't one if it's attributes.
    This is a little outside your price range, but it would probably do nicely as a lighter weight and more mobile option: Amazon.com : Manfrotto MVK500AQ 500 Aluminum Single Leg Video System (Black) : Camera & Photo