Where's the footage?

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by drslyr, Nov 29, 2016.

1. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I know. Most of us are still in hunting season throughout the country. But some of you computer editing wizards must have a little footage to share. Windwalker already posted his season and last time i checked i was the only one commenting on it. Give the self filmers a little acknowledgement please. The self filming game is unbelievably difficult and these guys post for everyone here to enjoy. Even just a "like" is kool even if you don't want to comment. I admit to being a self filmer and editorially a moron but I do my best. I'll have some footage up pretty soon for comments, criticism,or likes. anyway please acknowledge the work. Thank you and goodnight.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  2. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I posted a hunt of a buck that I killed a couple weeks ago. But yea, the footage seems to be light this year.

Here it is again.

Here is my oldest daughter's youth season hunt. I didn't post it because it is actually a muzzleloader kill. There is no pre-roll because this buck showed up in the first few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  3. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My season sucked this year but I do plan on doing a 2016 recap at the end of December. Just hoping to get something of quality other than stand shots and birds :lol:

4. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  5. Ryan A

Ryan A Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Only a couple doe kills on film for me this year. Passed some decent bucks but nothing I wanted to wrap my tag around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Windwalker7

Windwalker7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you! I hunted alot this year and got less footage than usual. I spent several all day 12 hour sits and didn't see any deer. I even took several days off from work for the early muzzleloader season. A couple all day hunts and only a few glimpses of deer. All I had for video were a couple introducing and maybe a squirrel or bird. I didn't have enough footage for a muzzleloader hunting video. I got a ton of trail cam videos showing me that deer were there but saw very few deer. I even had to resort to showing trail cam videos just to have some videos for my channel.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

7. RayvonD33

RayvonD33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When i read your post Copperhead I thought " That sounds like the crappy year im having down here in asheboro north carolina" then i looked at your location and I laughed!!!! It was a bad year for me to start filming I got nothing but sunrises, birds, and leaves!!!

8. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a few clips that I am working on putting together of my season. The Turkey season fluke, foodplots, MT elk hunt, and whitetails are on the list! Will get those shortly after I'm done doing some projects at home!

9. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not having been fully set up for filming entirety for the season (am now, well with DSLR - G30 coming this off season) I did however share my harvest story which includes some video of the hunt, of him feeding and stand interviews that day....however is narrated some as like I said wasn't fully set up for filming. *Warning it isn't the shortest thing to watch.

http://forums.bowhunting.com/videography-and-photography/story-splits-83610/

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry, there won't be any from me in the foreseeable future. I love filming my hunts, but I just don't have the time to put it all together. The good news is that I don't have to worry about the editing part anymore, and my hunts will be airing on the Pursuit Channel. The show is called Working Class Hunter and you should be able to catch my episode sometime in either the 1st or 2nd quarter of 2017.

Filming for a TV show adds a lot of work to an already difficult process, but I enjoy the process. I also enjoy the challenge to get better and push my creativity to the next level.