Early Season Buck Kill on Video!

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by EasternWisconsinHunter, Sep 19, 2016.

1. EasternWisconsinHunter

EasternWisconsinHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Here is my brother's first buck kill ever, gun or bow, and our first buck kill we have gotten on film! We made a decent video after getting all the footage and were looking for some tips for the rest of our footage we get this year.

Thanks and bowhunt or die!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations. To much talking in the beginning.

3. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck!!

Now the serious part. HORRIBLE shot choice and WHERE IS YOUR HARNESS?????

4. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice video. Do a shorter narration in the opening. Also actually look at the camera. You were looking for answers or something over to the left. Focus on the camera like you are talking to someone.

Also if you are going to be on film you gotta be wearing a harness. That's rule #1. Safety!!!

5. EasternWisconsinHunter

EasternWisconsinHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    READ IMPORTANT I have worn a harness every time I've hunted the last couple of years, my brother on the other hand had been bowhunting with a harness from a treestand for one day in his life, the day before he shot this buck, and he isn't used to it and he forgot his tree belt to connect his harness to the tree in the stand that he hunted the night before on a different property, because he isn't use to the process yet and made a rookie mistake. We didn't realize it until that morning so we decided to hunt the largest safest stand we had even though we weren't planning on hunting it prior. So that's the story behind that, it wasn't a decision he made, and I'm hoping he wont forget again! I didn't really want to tell my anxious brother he couldn't hunt opening weekend because if we went back to sleep he never would have gotten his buck! Thank you all for the concern. Also we are planning on getting lifelines for next season if not sometime this season.

6. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to him on his first buck and congrats on the footage. The only tip I can give you is please practice tree stand safety. No deer is worth falling for.

7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats and Congrats on getting it on film!!