Does anyone have any experience with 4th Arrow Camera Arms?

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Daryl Bell, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Daryl Bell

Daryl Bell Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been looking at them but can't decide. Has anyone used them? If so, what are your thoughts.

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ordered one but they have not shipped. Once I get it I will let you know unless you pick up one before then. I'm interested if the muddy arm will fit their shoulder.

3. Daryl Bell

Daryl Bell Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Let me know what you think!

4. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They sure look like a nice set up. I'd like to see one in hand. Going by their specs the only thing that I don't like in what I see is that their reach is less than the equivalent Muddy arm. When self filming, arm reach can mean everything.

I really like the concept of affordable bases and infinite adjustment. It would be awesome ditching the overall weight of my Muddy Hunter set up, but again that drop in overall arm length would be tough for me to give up.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking about getting one, but I'm on the fence. I've filmed with several different arms. The best I've used was probably the 3rd Arm Pro, but it was very heavy and bulky. I've got a Muddy Pro and even though I'm using a fairly light rig, I don't think it's up to the task. I have a customer made arm that I use most often. It's small, packable and pretty darn steady for it's size. It has three relatively short arms that allow me to articulate it around my body or around the tree very nicely. I'm still not 100% happy with it either.

Maybe one day there will be a company that produces the perfect camera arm and we can all be happy.

6. BowhuntOnly

BowhuntOnly Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think I will be getting one this year. The infinite positioning is what is selling me along with the light weight. I always like trying the new gear on the market....It'll be a while, but will let you know how it works...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

7. MissionOutdoors.Net

MissionOutdoors.Net Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A little late, but this is my second season with their carbon arm, and so far I love it. 90% of the time I'm self filming, so for me the weight and size alone was well worth it. I'm only running a Canon XA10, so it's not a crazy heavy camera by any means, but for now it seems to be working very well.

8. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have 1. The carbon arm.Loved it other than being too short. They have added an extension which I ordered and have in my possession and although I have set it up on a tree and it looks good I have not actually used it yet to film. The jury is out. I'll post a pic later.or maybe even a video review. I have a video filmed with the fourth arrow carbon arm on here called 8pt. Archery kill. That was the short carbon arm. I'm hoping the added extension will do the trick.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  9. MissionOutdoors.Net

MissionOutdoors.Net Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a few pics, but they are all on other hard drives. Here's one from two week ago though when my daughter asked me to show her how to set up a stand.

[​IMG]

10. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    I ended up ordering the Stiff Arm Pro. It's fantastic. I used it all last season and have no complaints at all. I have 3 extra bases so I was able to leave the bases in a couple of my favorite stand locations. Here's a picture I took showing how flexible the system is. You can truly level it anywhere.

Fourth Arrow.jpg

11. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ive been looking into them as well. I have a heavy camera (5-6lbs) that i just got, so the Muddy arm is going to be out of the question i believe.

12. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    If you go Fourth Arrow, I would suggest getting the Stiff Arm Pro(Pictured Above). The Stiff Arm is rated to 10lbs, but like any camera arm, the more weight you get out on the end, the more bounce you will get in your footage. The Stiff Arm Pro is rock solid and still smaller and easier to pack then my other camera arms. I have found that I don't need the second strap while using the Pro so that cut's down on weight and bulk if I'm hunting a spot that doesn't already have a base setup.

13. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks,

I also like the ability to have multiple bases. Gonna be a game changer. My old cam weighed nothing and still bounced around on the muddy.

14. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, I can set up completely silent with my Stiff Arm Pro. No more clanking around and clicking of the ratchet strap. Just slide the shoulder into the base, level and slide the arm into the shoulder. I can be completely setup and ready to go in just a couple minutes. Before, it would take me several minutes just to get the base installed and leveled.

15. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    The muddy arm is extremely loud and cumbersome, no doubt. But it did work pretty good for me over the last 3 years

16. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got the carbon arm to reduce the weight for those long hikes in.But the carbon arm is too short for a big ol fat ugly sucker like me. Couldn't film very well to my offside so I ordered the extension from 4th arrow. And I was unhappy with my fluid head so I ordered a Manfrotto 502ah. increasing my weight right back to where it was if not even a little heavier. Filmed one season with just the carbon arm and loved it for the weight and ease of operation. I just couldn't film off my offside very well. If your buying the 4th arrow just for the weight factor all of their arms except the carbon arm are right up there in weight with all the other tree arms. If I know I'm going in deep I can just take a lighter version now.