Video Length

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by SheddingLightTravis, May 14, 2016.

1. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When watching a hunting video on YouTube, how long do you prefer the video to be? If you look down and see how long it is, what number makes you say "ain't got time for that"?

I'm trimming down a self filmed turkey kill from this past week and I have it at 11 minutes. I hate to clip much more because I think it helps tell the story and give content. What's your thoughts?

2. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very dependent on content, BHOD is about 48 minutes or so and have a big following yet there are some 5 min clips that I wouldn't watch because it's too long for what's shown.

Just make sure it stays interesting and 11 minutes is perfectly ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is no set length that will please everybody. "How To" videos can be as long as possible and people will watch. But hunting videos in some cases can be too long. If you are showing multiple hunts, I think people will watch it no matter how long it is. If it is 1 hunt, I think after say 5 minutes, you lose people's interest. Most people like to see the setup, a brief intro, the animal approaching, the shot being made, a post interview and the recovery. However long that takes, most people will watch it front start to finish. I think lengthy product advertisements make videos too long. Short and Simple always works.

4. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't ever look at the length of the video. It is all about the content. If it is interesting I will continue watching till I get bored.

5. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd say right around that 10-12 min mark would be ok for a hunt or two if there's some good footage to fill in.