Another entry level question

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Brian_Mc, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Brian_Mc

Brian_Mc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using a Canon SX510 on a tripod or Pine Ridge arm for videoing hunts for the past few years. It's worked pretty well but I think I'm ready for an upgrade... this time to a video specific device.

I'm not ready to spend a grand on a camera but the R700, R70, or R72 are in the price range I could do (can't see a reason not to go R700 at the moment). Anyone have experience with these? Any features I should really look for? Other brands that offer something better at that pricepoint?

I've been reading some of the threads but figured I'd just ask...

2. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using the Canon Vixia Hf R52. Great little camera that will shoot in AVCHD. Has a good price point and is very lightweight. However, my buddy just got into videoing and bought a new Panasonic. It actually is two cameras in one. It has an extra wide angle camer on the LCD display. You can move that extra camera to point at you or to capture a wide angle in front of you. It basically removes the need for a GO Pro and gives you an extra angle. We are excited to try it out come fall. Here's the link: HC-W570 Camcorders - Panasonic India

3. Brian_Mc

Brian_Mc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I stumbled across an R600 with bag and 32gig card for $140 on Craigslist... couldn't resist that deal!