15 year olds first self filmed hunt

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by zactw, Jan 13, 2017.

1. zactw

zactw Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Please go check these videos out and leave some feedback let me know what you fellow bowhunters think. I'd also really appreciate if you'd subscribe. Thanks !!!!

My video- AMAZING self filmed deer hunt (BOW) by youth hunter!!!! MUST WATCH!!! - YouTube

My dads first video- Self Filmed Bow Hunt 2017 (How Did This Happen?) - YouTube

Please leave feedback and subscribe thanks for watching
    Bowhuntordie

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great job for your first video. Its as good or better than mine and iv'e been filming 4 or 5 yrs. I have 2 things to advise you on cause you said you wanted feedback. The first is the transitions between clips. Cut way back on those. 2 When your doing your in tree interviews look directly into the camera lens.

3. zactw

zactw Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you I will look into using that when editing my next film

4. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Feel free to give advice on mine. turnaround is fair play

5. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im impressed. you did a better job than I could in the heat of the moment. You produced a nice video. As for feedback, the only thing I can think of would be to cut back on the words "amazing" and "must watch" in the title. In my opinion, that is for the viewer to think, regardless of how good it is. Good luck in the future. I subscribed.

6. Windwalker7

Windwalker7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very good videos! Here is my advise. I'm guessing you are using Windows Movie Maker. That's what I use. I feel transitions are needed between scenes. With that being said, I almost always use the one called Crossfade. I feel it really helps with transition from one scene to another without going over the top making it an obvious transition. You did a pretty good job keeping each scene from dragging on. Many people like to include every second of video when editing. They need to remember that most people have very short attention spans. After you somehow got a viewer to click on your video, you don't want them to get bored and click to someone else's video. It is important not to have long scenes with nothing happening. If there isn't any action going on, cut that section out. No one wants to watch a solid 3 minutes of a deer standing still feeding or waiting several minutes for a deer to step out from a tree. This is where transitions come into play. Show a few seconds and then transition the scene to where there is some action. People like short videos that are to the point. Try to keep videos to just a couple minutes. If there is lots of interesting footage, then a little longer is OK. After all it takes to get someone to watch your video, you don't want them getting bored and not finishing it.

7. zactw

zactw Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you very much for the feedback I will take note of that