Brining out New Hunters for Turkey

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Landon DeKeyser, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Landon DeKeyser

Landon DeKeyser Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys,

I'm already thinking about chasing spring turkeys. Something I have challenged myself to do for the upcoming turkey season is bring some new people into the sport. I have been hunting all my life, but for some reason didn't get into Turkey hunting until about 3 years ago. One reason is that we didn't many turkeys when I was growing up. However, that has changed here in Michigan.

I view small game hunting as a great way to get new people into the sport. I recently wrote a post on my blog about this topic if you are interested in reading. 5 Reasons You Should be Small Game Hunting - Lifestyle Lost

Turkey hunting in my opinion has to be one of the most exciting forms of hunting. There are really two reason I want to do this. I think its important to get new people into the hunting to protect the future of what we love. With Michigan limiting us to one bird in the spring taking others will allow me to spend more time chasing thunder chickens :)

So anyways, I just wanted to throw it out there as an idea for everyone else. Ask a friend that has never hunted if they would want to give it a try! I'm sure some of you do this already, but we could all do more of it.

Have a good one!

Landon

2. takemrarely

takemrarely Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I always look for a kid to take on PA's youth hunt and will take others after my tag is filled in regular season....Very rewarding. Good for you giving something back!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk