Anyone using Turkey Thug Decoys?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by sethf11, Apr 29, 2016.

1. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up a few months back some Mossy Oak Turkey Thug decoys. Just wondering who is using them and what level of success you have had. I know they are no Avian decoys but I don't think they look terrible.
    I didn't have the budget for the Avians. They are on next years list. I have spent so much in the last year I needed to make a few cuts somewhere.

New bow, new tree stands, new clothing and a bunch of other stuff added up real quick.

Let me know what you guys think who have them. Here is a pic of the ones I have. ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1461959414.862408.jpg

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use them exclusively, due to my monetary disposition :) and receive perfectly mixed results... They either come to inspect or see and run off quiet as a mouse

3. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I guess what Fix is trying to say is they're better than nothing. Maybe.

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use them because they are cheap, they don't always work because they are cheap

5. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm out... if I'm going to invest that much time and money into licenses, equipment, travel, etc... I'll spend a few extra bucks on a lifelike decoy.

6. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I used cheap ones for years...when I got serious about hunting I slowly upgraded equipment...for the past 2 years I have used avian x decoys and they have dramatically changed the turkey hunts I go on...not to say you will kill a bird every time you set one out but they no longer hesitate if the are intrigued and they also seem to hang around longer when they do come in to the decoys...the damn things look so real that I'd be scared to walk through the woods without it in the bag...they are costly but you will never need to buy a new one if it's taken care of

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk