Tagged out in WI

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Oly44, May 18, 2016.

1. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I went up to WI for a couple days to hunt late season turkeys. I was able to shoot my first ever turkey in IL a couple weeks ago. So not a ton of pressure on me on the two days I was able to hunt. It was going to be a good time either way since I was with good friends.

The first morning rolls around and it's not looking very promising. Nothing even close for the first 45 minutes. But we heard a couple really distant gobbles easily on the next property. Well long story short the bird made its way to us and circled around us and came out of the timber to our left following a hen. The hen came into our lone hen in the field and he stayed off at about 27 yards is what we ranged him at. Just strutting around for 10 minutes or so before I shot him. He dropped in his tracks and just like that I tagged out and doubled up on the year. It was a great hunt and great couple days in the woods and on the water with good friends. Here is a picture. Hopefully the photographer will have some pictures done soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats again man. Now were all tied up :tu:

3. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks buddy. Next thing on the list is to shoot a buck. :lol: :busted: