Tree talk/fly down

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by the wanderer, Feb 22, 2015.

1. the wanderer

the wanderer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What is your normal calling sequence when the birds are still in the roost and then fly down?

I usually start with some soft yelps and clucks when I hear other hens start up or the gobbles start. If I don't hear anything I will still pretend to be a hen roostedand revving her engine to fly down. I usually try to be the first bird on the ground. When the time is right, a fly down cackle and then start up with the excited yelps, cuts, and clucks.

2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I try not to do much calling before the fly down. Typically just some soft yelps. Just enough for them to let them know I am there! If I get a response I will shut up until I know they are on the ground.

3. Ventilator

Ventilator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really thought that this was going to be question on urinating while in the treestand. :lol:

4. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with Heckler on this one. Don't get me wrong I love to hammer on a call and get the birds screamin in the roost and some situations this has proved deadly, but I'd say 85% of the time Ill let a few calls out to let them know that I'm here and then when they hit the ground start the smooth talkin. The biggest factor is just reacting correctly to how the birds are acting.

5. josephmrtn

josephmrtn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Little light yelping to let em know I'm there and then shut up till after flydown

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2