bowhuntin turkey tips?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by JWOAdventures, Jan 23, 2015.

1. JWOAdventures

JWOAdventures Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I plan on hunting turkey's this spring with a buddy, but I plan to go with a buddy. Wondering if you guys can give any tips. I dont own a blind and dont plan on buying one.

2. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Buy a blind lol.... Really bowhunting turkey is much easier from a blind but I have killed a few without. Sittin in a blind can make me crazy sometimes and often being mobile is deadly. It is tough to beat the eyes of a turkey. Get a good decoy, if nothing else perhaps make a blind with brush... Best of luck

3. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have killed multiple with a bow but all from within a blind. Biggest thing with archery hunting is you cant be as mobile with a blind. For me patterning and being in a good area is what makes or breaks a hunt. If you're in a good area and the birds are there and you have a good decoy in place, its just a waiting game at that point. Having multiple set ups already in position can be a huge advantage birds are on the move. Like I mentioned earlier have a good decoy out and be in the right area and call every 15-20 minutes real soft and then most of all shoot straight. Without a blind man......good luck!