Last years Bird with a Bullhead (Video)

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by bowtroll, Mar 24, 2014.

1. bowtroll

bowtroll Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got back in the editing mood and put together my Opening day bird from last season…

Not the most exciting Turkey hunt but a great end result!!! I had never had birds in this area before and seem to not have them again this year… Very Nomadic group in the suburbs. Ill take the luck while they were there…

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I cannot wait to try these broadheads out!! 1 week left!

3. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Once you use them you will probably never want to use anything else. I can say without a doubt guys that won't turkey hunt with a bow because of the low recovery rates have never used a bull head. It's pretty much 100% as long as you make good contact to the neck or head. If you happen to body shoot a turk with a bull head it will most likely live. Bad shot to the body with anything else and it will most likely die of infection days / weeks later. I honestly believe the bull head is more ethical for turkeys then standard fixed or mechanical BHs.

I have my kid shooting a xbow this year. First thing we did was made up some bolts for bull heads! They fly every bit as good. I figured it would be a lot easier to teach him how to aim for the neck/head then try to teach him proper shot placement on a turk at such a young age. With over 3" of cutting surface I doubt he will miss. :p

Great video BTW!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  4. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck to him, and you!

5. bowtroll

bowtroll Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here is a vid of setting them up before the season… I had trouble the year before getting them to fly so I went to feathers instead of short vanes and a little longer arrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    THOSE are the heads I'm going to be using this year (and probably every year afterward). I shot my bird last year with the Slick Trick COC's RazorTricks and the head/arrow zipped right through him - and he took off. Got him but it took awhile.

Great video... best of luck to everyone this season!

7. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is an excellent video. Nice work.

Once you start head slapping them with Magnus Bullheads, you will never go back to body shooting them. It is just an awesome experience. I have been hunting with them exclusively the past 5 years with many head chops to my credit. My youngest daughter has used them with one of her crossbows and head chopped birds as well.

I work directly with Magnus' owner Mike Sohm on his Bullhead line of products so if anyone has any questions on the product, tuning tips, hunting set up tips, etc, let me know ... I am more than glad to help out. One of the coolest parts about the entire Magnus line of products is that Mike has a no questions asked 100% lifetime warranty that covers virtually everything except loosing the head. You bend or break a blade and he replaces it for free.

Great job OP!!!! This year submit photos/video to Magnus via their Facebook page or even emailing them direct and you could win some great gear.

8. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Long, stiff, and 4 fletch feathers shafts are a must with bull heads!

9. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    nice shot in the video too!

10. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for that info Heck - I gotta pick up some longer arrows anyway.