Little runt decoy

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Itswhatwedooutdoors6, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Itswhatwedooutdoors6

Itswhatwedooutdoors6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone ever used one or have useful info regarding this decoy? Interesting design and curious to if it would be better then a full strut decoy? Thanks for the help!

2. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I don't believe I've seen that one yet.

3. FearNot

FearNot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never heard of it

4. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ive heard about this decoy on a petersens bowhunting podcast last year. Evidently its a small framed tom decoy that literally looks like a head and neck. No body, no fan. This small silhouette is supposed to drive bigger toms nuts into thinking a subordinate bird has moved into their territory and make them come over to fight it. The guy who helped develop it is some kind of turkey calling/hunting chuck norris and hes done the north american turkey slam multiple times using only this decoy. He claims on some occassions he'd never even call. Just stick the lil runt decoy out and wait. I've never used one, or seen one in person. That is the majority of what I can remember from the podcast. Usually when things sound too good to be true, they are.

5. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Resurrecting an old thread, I have one, used it on a youth hunt last year, ended up killing a jake at day light, 3 jakes ate it up! I like the pack ability of it! Along with the two avian-x hens I ordered today I'll be able to pack a flock anywhere that I will have lots of confidence with. People say flextone didn't break any laws coming out with the funky chicken but let's be honest, this decoy came first and it was the first of its kind, flextone has marketing power and will probably make the runt disappear in another year or two. Dad but true.