What camera/cameras are you in the market for this year?

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by MnHunterr, Feb 10, 2016.

1. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What camera/cameras are you in the market for this upcoming season?

Curious to see what everyone is looking at for the coming up season... I'm looking to add 1 cam this year, but I just cant decide which one (have an extremely hard time pulling the trigger for some reason).

In other words... Convince me into buying a particular brand.

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I won't try to convince you to buy one, but I just added my third Covert Red40 to my collection of 4 cams. I finally found a cam I can trust leaving in the woods for months on end and not worry about batteries! These cams ain't cheap, so I guess this says something about their quality.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would go with a Covert MP6 if you want a good camera that takes a ton of pics. I have a couple I still use that are 4 years old. One has over 100,00 pics on it so far. My second choice would be a Covert Red40.

4. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just bought myself the Covert Blackhawk, seems to work well.

Majority of my cams are Covert or Stealth, I really like the ease of setup on both manufactures.

5. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stealth Cam G42.

With that being said, I'm seriously considering trying an Exodus, USA or Browning.

6. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love the browing line of trail cameras. I have 3 of the strike force and they are great cameras. I have been using them for 2yrs now without any issues. They take great daytime pics and pretty good night pics. For a $130 bucks you cant beat them

7. mobowhunter14

mobowhunter14 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking at the new moultrie and stealth cam right now.

8. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My wife has bought me two Browning Strike Force in the last two months so I'm not really looking to buy any cams this year. But if I was, it would be the Brownings. The Browning Special Ops FHD video capabilities really intrigue me. Best of luck in your search.

Blessings........Pastorjim

9. tracer

tracer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Two cool innovations for trail cameras are coming out this spring. The Moultrie Mobile and the SPYPOINT SOLAR-CAM.
    The Moultrie Mobile is a field modem that you can hook up to various Moultrie models 2015- making them cellular cameras.
    The SPYPOINT SOLAR-CAM recharges its batteries by a solar panel built into the top of the camera.

10. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The idea from Moultrie sounds very interesting.

Blessings..........Pastorjim

11. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm looking at the G45NG Pro from Stealth and possibly buying a couple of Spartan GoCams if I still have a place to hunt. The guy is suppose to let me know in April.

12. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've tried several.....and for the money and quality of pics day and night..plus the Video....you can't beat the Browning's....the Strike Force HD is what I have now..but will be adding some of the new Strike Force Elite 2016 models this year...

Good Luck
    Creeks

13. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Covert Red 40 is my number one.

14. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm hoping to try exodus. The warranty is unbelievable. Plus, the pictures I've seen have been great!

15. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've got several Coverts including Red 40's and MP6's. I like them a lot and would definitely consider more Covert's in the future. The one camera I really would like to get is a cellular camera and am looking mostly at the Code Black model. As far as one other brand I intend to buy this year it would be Exodus. The new model of the USA trail cameras looks good too!!

16. NA Cammer

NA Cammer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've got several new Coverts coming. The Night Stryker, Night Stalker, Phantom, new Illuminator, as well as the new Browning Strike Force Elite. The 2015 Covert HD40's are pretty darn good cameras. lots of good deals can be found on them right now too.

Exodus is a quality camera. the warranty is second to none, and the customer service is outstanding. I do however, hope that the image quality is improved on the new models. Don't get me wrong its not bad, but it doesn't have the crispness of the HD40 on daytime pics.

the overwhelming majority of my cameras are Coverts, but I do like to try out the competition from time to time!!

17. DVO

DVO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wont pay full retail for anything I am going to leave in the woods so I will be picking up any of the 2015 models I can find good deals on. I run 14 cameras right now that I think work just fine for me (Moultrie, Stealth, Cudde & Scoutguard) and I haven't spent over $110 on a camera yet. I am planning on trying to get up to 16 cameras before spring and then add a cell cam this summer.

If I didn't hunt public land and buy lock boxes for every camera I would probably be running about 25 cameras right now. When it comes to cameras my income is about the only thing that keeps me from running 50 of them! lol