Illuminator cold issue

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by DVO, Dec 18, 2016.

1. DVO

DVO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have an illuminator do this when it was super cold? I just put the camera out yesterday and it has only taken 8 pictures total. Have to say I am a little bummed out that it cant perform in these temps. Or maybe I just got a lemon. Would be me second Covert lemon in a row if it is.
    IMAG0003.jpg IMAG0007.jpg IMAG0008.jpg

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bummer. I wouldn't do that again.

3. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am a Moultrie guy and I have one that the flash did not work one night I surmise cause of the WI cold. I brought it home and it works fine. Just remember how you would work if you were left in the cold....20 below windchills :)

4. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have one and leave it all winter with temps below 10 degrees sometimes. I haven't had any thing like that happen to mine. It almost looks like a stuck filter to me, probably will need service.

5. DVO

DVO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I realize it was at least -23 last night but when it was -3 it was taking pictures just fine. It has new batteries and literally went from the package to the woods within 24 hours. This is 4th covert and I have owned 6 or 7 different brands of cameras and I have never had one take goofy pictures like this. I have had Moultrie take all white pictures when they get low battery which is associated with cold sometimes but I also haven't had many cameras out in temps like this before. I usually pull them before it gets this cold.

6. DVO

DVO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Camera is getting a little better as it gets warmer. Covert gave me a RA number but I might let the camera go for another week or so and see how it does.
    IMG_8132.JPG