Browning Strike force trail camera eating batteries

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by ksWThntr, Nov 11, 2016.

1. ksWThntr

ksWThntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Folks,

I bought 2 of these Strike force cameras last winter. They both take fantastic photos, but one is showing 70% battery life on the original batteries while the other one is dead on its 2nd set. Anyone else have this problem? The only thing we can think of is maybe the infrared is staying on. It's not taking any more pics than the other one and the settings are the same.

Thanks.

2. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I run 2 Strike Forces, and both are on the same batteries I installed in mid-July (with around 45% left). Something isn't right with it. I'd call customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Incog

Incog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the "Dark ops" which chews through batteries pretty quick. Of course I have it set to snap 8 pics on movement with a short reset. It typically takes 800-900 pictures every 2 days. If it is under warranty, call as Josh recommended.

I use external batteries like this to save money: Amazon.com: ExpertPower 12V 7 Amp EXP1270 Rechargeable Lead Acid Battery: Automotive

From my hoard of wall wart adapters in the basement, I find a connector that fits and wire it up with tip +. This will power the camera for well over a month in my situation. About every three weeks or so, I swap it out and put it on my charger. I also put a set of fresh batteries in at the beginning of the year as the camera draws from the external first. If there is every a problem with the external (mouse chews through wire, squeal knocks plug out), the internal bats take over.

4. ksWThntr

ksWThntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. My issue is I don't get back very often during the rest of the year. I just find it funny that one is working just fine, and the other is blowing through batteries.
    thanks again.