The Best Trail Camera of 2016.

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by SullyMitch, Dec 12, 2016.

1. SullyMitch

SullyMitch Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've had this Strike Force trail camera for about two months now and have been quite impressed with its performance. I put it up at the same spot as a Primos Ultra 35, and the Strike Force blew it away with much sharper pictures, far better flash, and better detection range. In case you wondered, the Primos actually cost more than the Strike Force when it was purchased.
    The pictures on this camera are excellent. That's why it's the best trail cam for me so far.

2. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To me, the best trail cam of 2016 is the one that's still working after the 2015 season! lol

3. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have to second the Strike Force. Probably the best commercial cam I've ever owned. It's definitely the best for the money.

Blessings...........Pastorjim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

4. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. SullyMitch

SullyMitch Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Nice one! You made my day. haha

6. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    click bait! Where's the pics!? lol

7. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, if you're going to claim it's the best you have at least show us why and also show us pics compared to the other camera. Not just say the pics blew the other ones away. :tu:

8. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe I should have been more clear on what I said. I use homebrew cameras for the most part, so no commercial cam will compare with their picture quality. The reason I said it was the best commercial cam I have owned has less to do with picture quality and more to do with some of the features and the reliability. First of all the detection range is very good and well matched with the camera's field of view. So far the reliability has been great with absolutely no issues after a years use. Recovery time is some of the quickest among commercial cams and at right around $100 the Strike Force has so far been very impressive.

Blessings.......Pastorjim

9. apb5f2

apb5f2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I purchased a reconyx over 6 years ago. Have left it out 24/7 since I bought it. Finally this year had to send it off because every time it would trigger it start a new folder on the SD card. They fixed it and upgraded the flash and ir for $50. I have $550 in that camera and over 400,000 pictures to show for it. I have a total of 3 reconyx cams and will buy another in January. Not a better camera on the market!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

10. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    been using browning cams for the past 2yrs and they have worked great. its hard to beat the quality for the price

11. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Reconyx and I agree with you, they are the best commercial cam made. I know the initial cost is high but if you look at them like they're going to last for ten years, then they are actually cheaper in the long run. If these Brownings I have last as long as my Reconyx then I will have to say they are the best because of the cost. I believe my Reconyx is nearly ten years old and has yet to have a problem.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

12. apb5f2

apb5f2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the initial cost scares most buyers off but in the end it's cheaper when they buy a $100 cam every year.

I did buy a stealth 34gr2 (?prolly not right model numbers) cam for the video mode 2 years ago and have had great luck with it so far. Videos are clear. It only takes 8 batteries unlike the 12 in the reconyx but I bet I replace them twice as often. I only run video mode when I'm hunting over it to try to get a kill shot on video.

13. Creeks

Creeks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've used several, and for the Money you cannot beat the brownings Strike Force cameras......for still shots, videos, day and night....Strike Force all the way.....
    Creeks

14. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's all true until you get one stolen. lol I would certainly use Reconyx, because they really are the best cam out there, but I just can't/won't let a $400 cam sit in the woods on Public land.

15. Josh/OH

Dislikes Received:
    ^^ Not to mention I have some $100 cams that don't miss a thing, and having been running for 6 years now lol ;)

16. apb5f2

apb5f2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I hunt 1200 acres of private owned ground so I don't do the public ground stuff. I can see where putting a reconyx on public ground could be sketchy. So maybe $100 cam is the best bet there. The reconyx also comes with software which you can tag the pics with. When known/named bucks show up and maybe hit 3 different spots (all my cams are on mock scrape) you can hit a button and the computer starts drawing a pattern on the screen. I've got 2 bucks that traveled back and forth 2 miles every other week hitting different spots on property I have access to hunt. I love it. I don't know another cam company that has this software. I know the bow hunt or die boys like stealth cams but I'm a reconyx man.

17. Josh/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! You should try nocking an arrow on the strap. It might just kill the deer for you! Lol

18. DrSnake

DrSnake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My Bushnell spent the last year, its 4th, out in the elements. It reset its date and time after 3 months, but kept running. My Browning Range Ops was flawless again.

19. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hope everyone that said how awesome the Strike Forces are are right. Just ordered two!

20. DVO

DVO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have never been impressed with the picture quality I have seen from Reconyx. The price sucks too that is the biggest issue for most people. If you only need 1-4 cameras I guess it could make sense. I'm running 20 cameras spread out across 25,000 acres of mostly public land. Only camera I paid more than $100 for was my Spartan Gocam.

Biggest thing I have found with cameras is it's all personal preference. I love the whiteflash pics I get from my 2 scoutguards but my buddy thinks the color saturation is too vivid. To each there own.