Stealth Cam SD card reader

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by the wanderer, Jun 24, 2016.

1. the wanderer

the wanderer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got my first trail camera. A stealth cam G30. I'm not sure how to be able to view my pics. I tried in my digital camera but that didn't work. The manual even said a digital camera may not be formatted correctly. I don't have a laptop either. Amy suggestions? I was looking at a card reader for my IPhone on Amazon for around $30. Thoughts? I'm leaving today get all of my bear bait sites set up this weekend for the fall season and have to get my camera set up as well. I was thinking about stopping at Cabelas in Richfield on the way up to see what they have. I'm new to this trail cam thing so just looking for suggestions.

Thanks

2. smitty88

smitty88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you have a smart phone that takes mini SD cards, you can just view the pictures on your phone. You will need buy mini SD cards with the standard size adapters. The pain is I have to remove the battery cover to get at the SD port. I also bought a Stealthcam SD card reader last year but I haven't used it yet. My plan is to take my tablet out with me and view them on a bigger screen in the field.

3. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  4. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. HoytND

HoytND Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone used the RAVPower? I bought one on Amazon for $32 last night. It is a wifi card reader, external storage, and a battery pack.

6. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In my opinion SD card readers for phones are a waste of time and money.

Get a lap top. Swap cards and roll.

7. Dickie Tunes

Dickie Tunes Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Stealth Cam has a reader for smart phones. The benefits to this small device is obvious, no need to drag a laptop or a tablet into the field when checking cameras while hunting. They are inexpensive and a breeze to use. You can even watch your video clips on thru it as well. Can't beat it in my opinion for the price point anyway .

8. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Transcend card reader for my galaxy s5. It was $10.00 from amazon. Works great, didn't need to load any apps. Just plug it in and browse the pictures.

I find having the ability to look at pictures while at the trailcam very important. Some of these set ups are a good hike up the mountain. I want to see if the camera is pointed correctly when it's set up and when I check the camera I want to see if it's getting enough pictures to justify hiking back up to that spot again or if I should pull it while I'm there.

If I were still in the flatlands I wouldn't like the reader near as much.

9. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Can you scroll through the pics on that one? Mine you can't and it's a pain in the ***.

10. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No. Bad use of 'scrolling '. I can 'scroll' through the grid view of pictures but I have to click on individual pictures to view them full size.

Example:
    [​IMG]